Problem getting into Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem getting into Facebook

This started yesterday, Facebook won't load I just get the little circle going round and round, everything else seems ok so last night I did a disc clean (using the disc clean on my PC) I also deleted my browsing history and deleted temporary files, then I did a defrag but it still won't load.

It works ok on my laptop so seems to be a computer problem, has anyone any suggestions? I'm using IE 8 would it help if I changed to something else, if so what? Or is there anything else I should 'clean', I'm loathe to use something like CC Cleaner as I'm a bit frightened of what will happen if I tick the wrong boxes!

Any help appreciated, (in dummy language please).

Margaret
    Margaret

Margaret I use CCleaner and the only boxes I dont tick are Cookies it works fine .
    CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your PC. It protects your privacy and makes your computer faster and more secure! Download it FREE today.

look at this
    and this tells you all about it
    Try CCleaner Professional for free. Clean up your PC automatically and increase your performances and online privacy.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-10-10, 12:56.

Comment

Get Googlechrome Margaret, I had those type of problems until I got that a few days ago - it's fantastic!
      Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

Thanks Val and Stella, I downloaded Googlechrome, it looks pretty but Facebook still didn't work, I'm still hesitant about CCleaner as when I tamper with things I usually make the problem worse then other problems crop up, but it looks as if I might have to go down that road. I have found a temporary solution and that is to put https// in front of the address, but that has to be changed everytime I want to look at something else on the site which is very annoying.

Anyway thanks for both your help.

Margaret
        Margaret

Comment

Are you are clicking on a link in your favourites ?? if so delete that and start again , that often works

Comment

Thanks Val, I've tried that but it still won't work unless I put the 'https' in there which takes me to the US (I think) site. It's weird as I can get in using my laptop so it is obviously something in this computer that is stopping it loading, but I haven't fiddled with anything and everything else seems to work ok.

Margaret
            Margaret

Comment

when you do get on there contact them

Comment

Well, I've finally got in, thanks Val and Stella for your help, I did a bit more googling and found a forum with lots more people having the same problem, the advice was to use something called Opera, and it worked, trouble is, I've never heard of it, does anyone on here use it? I'm always dubious when I find anything new!

Margaret
                Margaret

Comment

have heard of it but dont use it, at least you got in now good

Comment

Hi Rusty

Opera has been around for a long time . It is a very good browser , you have to learn how to get the best out of it the same as Firefox and Chrome.
                    I have version 10.60 at the moment.

Ken

Comment

Thanks Ken, I'll have to have a play around with it, at the moment I'm just using it for Facebook which seems rather a waste.

Margaret
                      Margaret

Comment

Just to let you know that I tried getting into Facebook again this morning using IE8 and it loaded up with no problems, so I don't know what went wrong before, I hope that it isn't a temporary recovery.

Thank you everyone for all your help.

Margaret
                        Margaret

Comment

Working...
                        X