This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router help please

I'm really being a complete computer dumbo tonight. I've just upgraded my internet package with my provider,Orange. They've sent me a Netgear Wireless-N 150 ADSL2+ Modem Router. At present I use a speedtouch ADSL modem which has never been a problem. I thought I would have a go at setting up this router, thinking it would be straightforward. My computer is across the other side of the room to the phone line and the speedtouch has always been connected via an extension. Now am I being completely stupid ? I started doing all the connections as instructed on the disc provided. Now am I being extra stupid ? I thought the point of it was that it was wireless, why do I have to connect the router via an ethernet cable to the pc? Or is it just to set it up ? I gave up in the end and I am back on my speedtouch connection for now. Either I'm too tired for this tonight or I am having a "senior moment"
    Lesley passed away in November 2017.

as far as I can remember you only use that to set it up then you take it off, isnt there any instructions with it ?

Comment

The instructions are on a cd that came with it but I'm still getting confused !

Comment

does it say connect the ethernet cable ??? if so then thats right

Comment

Well tried again today and managed to get it all connected and working only to discover that my pc is not wireless enabled. So now I need to get a wireless adapter. aaaaarrrrrgggggghhh.

Comment

Working...
          X