MS ESSENTIALS ~ Anti Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ann,

I was working away on my PC a few minutes ago and suddenly a message flashed up MSE UPDATE availible now etc. I took a look at the PC and found another screen that said my PC was unprotected until the update.
    Nice MS to suddenly turn the light off and leave a PC unprotected. I wish I could get AVG9 or Avast to work on this. I have had both free versions but when they came to update it appeared that I could only purchase them.
    If I get to a PC World I will take a look at Kaspersky as they had it on offer.
    So do check your PC and make sure you are still protected.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

AVG still do a free version its up to version 11 now, if you put in AVG free to google it will take you there or should do

Comment

Avast has a free version too: http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download
        Perhaps you had a free trial version of one of the paid products and were asked to pay once the trial period expired?
        Make sure you install the FREE version of Avast or AVG and not the free trial version of one of their paid products.
        Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret N View Post
          Ann,

I was working away on my PC a few minutes ago and suddenly a message flashed up MSE UPDATE availible now etc. I took a look at the PC and found another screen that said my PC was unprotected until the update.
          Nice MS to suddenly turn the light off and leave a PC unprotected. I wish I could get AVG9 or Avast to work on this. I have had both free versions but when they came to update it appeared that I could only purchase them.
          If I get to a PC World I will take a look at Kaspersky as they had it on offer.
          So do check your PC and make sure you are still protected.
          Hi Margaret: I've just come on here to tell you the same thing!I was busy yesterday and never had my computer on so got the MSE message when I was updating it just now. It didn't actually say the PC wasn't protected, just that it was "potentially unprotected". I think that meant the "old" version was still working but the newer one would be better. Anyway, I let it upgrade and noticed that it uninstalled the previous version in the process. There is nothing about the program that looks any different so I'm hoping it will a) switch on automatically as soon as I start my computer from a complete shutdown and b) that it will update and scan automatically. I won't be surprised if neither of those things happen though! So long as it just works I will be happy.....

Ann
          ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
          Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Margaret if you do decide to get Kasperksy have a look around there are quite a few differences in price .

Comment

Val, I have just had a quick look on the net and can download Security Essentials for 3 users 24.99 or just AV 19.99 or 1 user Security Essentials 19.99 or just AV 1 user 14.99 + 7.99 for a CD if required.
              PCW - SE on CD 3 users 29.99 main problem is the full works takes hours to start my pc and also blocks so many things that one requires. My neighbour is often locked out by his AV and has spent a fortune on differnt ones and gets them sorted by a pro. My PC already takes ages to come on so will probably go for an AV when I get round to it.
              I really must go to bed now as I was up early today and Friday is also an early start.
              Margaret N
              DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
              X