No announcement yet.

Problems with telephone after installing new modem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes both phones have got the filters attached.

Comment

I had this problem and we had the main phone in the hall and the second one out here in the Garage, we had to change the phone to a digital one and touch wood its been fine since.
      Try plugging some other phone into the socket
      Also if you have Call waiting I believe that interferes with it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Velma Dinkley View Post
        We bought a new computer last month and because it was installed with Vista, we had to obtain a new modem from our ISP as our old one wouldn't work.

The computer and telephone is across the room from the telephone socket. We have an extension coming from the socket and a splitter just behind the computer with one lead going into the computer and one to the telephone.

We've only just realised that although we can get a line out, our telephone doesn't ring with an incoming call. I've tried ringing in on my mobile and all is does is ring and ring (without the phone itself ringing) then go onto 1571.

Has anyone else had this problem, what have we done wrong?

I'm going to try BT, but reluctant to get them out knowing what they charge :o

Thanks for your help
        Velma, I think you'll find the problem exists because of the 1571 facility, causes many a problem.

Comment

Thank you for all of your help and advice everyone

I had BT come out today (at no charge to me I hasten to add) and the engineer knew straight away that it was a fault at the local exchange. He went there after leaving me and half an hour later the phone rang (yes!!) and it was him to say that he had fixed the problem. Evidently they had a problem with faulty equipment at the local exchange.

Everything works OK now. Phew!!!!

Velma

Comment

oh great Velma pleased for you

Comment

That's good news Velma. Glad you got it sorted.
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

We have a problem with our phones since moving the router downstairs.
                When the router was in my son's room everything was ok, but since moving the router downstairs very close to the main phone socket, we have really bad interference on the phones, so bad we can't hear anything when people phone us, all we can hear is loud buzzing and hissing.
                What can we do please?

Comment

Well, the obvious one is move it back! Is that not an option, Morfydd?
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

It's ok now thank you, someone had removed the filter from the upstairs phone.

Comment

Working...
                    X