Chosing a Registry Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chosing a Registry Cleaner

Does anyone know of a good Registry Cleaner (Free, if poss!) for Windows XP system?
    I have found some free ones by googling but once I have downloaded them + done a scan I find that I need to actually buy them as the advertised Free Scan only covers 50 errors.

Many Thanks
    Ann

I use CCCleaner which Heather recommended if you google it should be okay

Comment

Thanks Val, I have downloaded it. It's easy to use, which is a bonus!

Comment

I have CCleaner but find this one better for the registry

Advanced Windowscare personal from iobit.com

It's very easy to use and also does other things besides the registry.
        I found it better to uncheck the privacy sweep though as it removes all cookies and you have to resign in to all your favourite sites.

Iobit also do a defrag programme which doesn't take as long as the windows one and both are free.

Christine
        Last edited by Christine in Portugal; 27-10-07, 15:10. Reason: spelling mistake
        Christine in Portugal

Comment

ooh Christine you told me about that one but lost your pm glad you have put it on again shall try it, should I uninstall CCCleaner first ???

Comment

I still use CCleaner aswell, don't really know if I should or not but don't have any problems.

You can always uninstall it if you want though Val, and the other one if you don't like it but it's so easy to use just one click. Make sure you get the personal one not the professional as it's only the personal one that's free.

Christine
            Christine in Portugal

Comment

thanks shall try it

Comment

I am going to try it too, thanks Christine

Comment

we will be busy Banana I have just installed Firefox as my Browser

Comment

Working...
                  X