No announcement yet.

Ad Aware (Free)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Val, I have uninstalled and downloaded the programme again. It is quite different and has not found all the infections that I mentioned earlier. It did find 125 cookies and I only had the option to 'Add to Ignore List' so where they have gone I have no idea.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

What a great site! I have been trying to update to the 2007 version and kept getting this 'trial pay' site which looked a bit iffy to me! So I searched on here, found Val's link above and am now ready to do my first scan.

Thanks Val!
      Rose

Comment

your welcome Rose glad to help anybody if I can

Comment

I added this to my new puter a couple of days back. It does seem to slow down the puter when its scanning (and you cant schedule scans with the freebie can you). Is there a better free one we can get, apart from spy bot which detects after you have the infection - isnt there one that can just stop them getting on?

Comment

I have the same problem,that is -items in quarantine 0,items in ignore list 0.I didn't know it was a problem though until I saw this thread!
            I found updates and then ran a scan,but still have the same problem.I was thinking of uninstalling it and then reinstalling.I used the link provided by someone on this thread (sorry can't remember who)and while I was waiting for it to connect went to the correct place to uninstall and was horrified to find that it said-last used 28-12-2007!
            Strangely I have had a couple of problems since I updated-coincidence?The link to Lavasoft never did connect,also when I was offline for a while I could not reconnect because of no dial tone(nothing wrong with phone)When I did manage to connect(had to use Start and then click on internet explorer instead of the icon on the desktop)got a strange message when I started to type this(can't remember it though!)
            Should I do a system restore?
            Thanks in advance for any advice.
            Fran
            Sould also have said that after I updated I noticed that under the main heading it said-Adwatch-realtime protection off.auto update off.
            Last edited by fran; 27-03-08, 15:56. Reason: adding

Comment

I tried earlier to do an update on my original adware program and couldn't so have just downloaded the new free version. Scan complete and it found 135 privacy objects. I clicked on that tab clicked in the square and then remove objects. My summary then showed nothing in Quarantine nothing in ignore, whilst the layout and presentation is different this is in essence exactly the same as my original version.

The adwatch and auto update appear to only be available if you take the plus option which it seems you have to pay for, although it does say something about it being free at the moment.

So far no problems will see how it goes.

Comment

Avg also do a free spyware programme aswell as the Anti virus.
                Spyware blaster is one which stops them getting in.

The site below lists all free programmes and is a safe one to download from.

filehippo.com - Download Free Software
                Christine in Portugal

Comment

Thats the one chris, Spyblaster. Thing is Im a bit nervous about adding anything on here now, the thing went down after I put on adaware and spybot the other day - just froze. Im letting the free 30 days Mcaffee package run at the moment!

Comment

I've got Spyblaster and no problems.

One good programme to have. I may have mentioned it before, is Mcafee site advisor, free or you can upgrade and doesn't cost much. It's really good if you do a lot of searches on google or any search engine as it advises whether they are good sites, showing them as traffc lights, green-good, amber-take care, red -not good.
                    Christine in Portugal

Comment

Working...
                    X