Logging in to FTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging in to FTF

Don’t know what’s going here, but earlier this evening I noticed that the FTF app was missing from my elderly I-pad. Logged in using google but had to submit forum name and password. later on I used my new pad which still had tge app on its screen, but after logging off then logging on some ten minutes later the same thing occurred, app missing. I thought a quick remedy would be to download the FTF from the App Store but I cannot find it. Any ideas on what is going on?
    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Not sure whats happening there David, AFAIK FTF doesn't have an App. You'd have to open it in a browser and go in from there? I don't use an iPad so can't suggest anything, I only use my laptop or my KindleFire and even then I access FTF from a tabbed page on my browser.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Neither am I. However I can log on without any trouble I originally thought it was the old clunker pad (9 years old) but when it happened on the new replacement pad alarm bells started ringing.

David

Comment

I have an iPad will check later, but I don't use Safari I use Chrome as it matches all my other devices. It will be via the browser eg Safari no app to download, you just put in address, you may have added as a favourite, which I am guessing is possible on safari

GallowayLass uses iPad I think.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thanks CB. I will have a look at the fave bit, could be that. Yes, I use Safari on the pads but not on my desk top which rarely gets turned on these days anyway.

David

Comment

Morning grumpy! I don’t log out of FTF on any of my devices but will try it and see what happens with iPad and Safari.

UPDATE All is fine. I logged out and in again no problem.
            Last edited by GallowayLass; 21-04-23, 10:56.

Comment

I think I have accidentally, no, using my ingenuity solved the problem. Logged on to safari (never have to do that) and up came the FTF icon under favourites. Much easier way to log in.
              Last edited by grumpy; 21-04-23, 11:18.

David

Comment

Working...
              X