Windows 10 tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 tablet

If I buy a Windows 10 tablet, will I be able to then link records from genealogy sites? Currently use a Kindle as laptop too slow

Vera

Not quite sure what you mean, I think you should be able to use something like Chrome on it in the same way as a laptop.

I have never used a windows tablet, which one are you looking at? DH had a windows phone years ago, and many of the more popular apps never worked, but don't know what they are like now.

Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thanks Carolyn. When I use my laptop and find a record for an
      FTF member I can do a copy and paste to FTF site. Not sure if I can do that using a Windows tablet.

Vera

​​​​

Comment

I have had a look around and I think that it should just come with a browser and will have the address bar as normal, with a tablet you should be able to hold your finger on the address and it will then give you the option to copy. then when you are in the forum you hold your finger down where you want to paste it and it will then give you the option to paste.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Thanks Carolyn. I've just tried it with my kindle and I did get paste to come up which surprised me as I didn't think you could c&p with a Kindle. Will play with that but will get Windows tablet anyway as Kindle very old but quick for searching.

Vera

Comment

that's good that you have discovered something.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

Thanks edithhardy. Have purchased the tablet. Can do copy and paste from Ancestry to FT F but don't find the process as simple as that from my laptop. I think I need to practise more

Vera
              Last edited by vera2013; 14-01-23, 14:21.

Comment

Working...
              X