Buzzing noise then black screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzing noise then black screen

When say watching youtube, all of a sudden get this noise then screen goes black, yet can still hear the sound.
    Any ideas what to do about it? been getting worse and worse.

gave in and bought a new pc , am sure its the graphics card so am going to get somebody to look at it.

Comment

Did sound iffy, have to say
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

not had it that long either, still now have windows 11, hope I can understand it.

Comment

Had somebody look at it ,and seems somehow the bitlocker was locked? I cannot see how that could happen, can anybody explain.

Comment

So have they fixed it? I've never heard of a bitlocker!
            Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
              So have they fixed it? I've never heard of a bitlocker!
              Anne
              A box to keep your bitcoin in maybe?

Comment

Well, yes! That's the picture I had in my head.

Comment

here you go, wish I'd seen this sooner, could have sorted it myself.

Learn different ways to locate your BitLocker recovery key in Windows, and learn about how BitLocker might have been activated on your system.

Comment

Wow, who knew? Looks as if you are automatically signed into it if you are the administrator.
                    Anne

Comment

I hadn’t been aware of it either. My old HP laptop will not run Win11. Is this Bitlocker a thing on Win10 too,

Comment

It was on a Dell Desktop Galloway.
                        I really cannot see what I did, I am so careful to check if I click on the wrong thing.
                        Anyway Tom bought me a new Desktop, as I couldn't wait, and I had a new hard drive installed on an old Laptop in perfect condition ,and that broken Desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                          Wow, who knew? Looks as if you are automatically signed into it if you are the administrator.
                          Anne
                          I really dont know how I did it?

Comment

Bitlocker is a drive encryption technology provided by Microsoft on Pro versions (and higher) of windows and is intended to prevent unauthorised access to your files.
                            If you, or anyone else, attempts to access your PC by booting from a USB stick, CD-ROM, floppy, etc, they will not be able to access your drive without the key assosciated with that encryption.
                            This also applies if they remove the drive to access it on another machine

Bitlocker applies to ALL users of the machine, but only Admins can enable, modify or disable it, hence why none of our users at work are allowed admin access to their laptops.

I suspect the original issue here was due to a HDD issue causing the machine to crash, then on reboot hitting an event which prompted for the bitlocker key, ie: doing its job as intended.
                            https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks Grim that makes sense, I know its nothing I did I'm so careful .

Comment

Working...
                              X