Do I need Onedrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need Onedrive

Its stopped syncing as there is no storage space left, but I wondered do I need it.

depends what you want backed up, it is there if your desktop/laptop crashes. You may have other types of back up? hard drive/google drive/amazon/dropbox?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I do have Dropbox and BT Cloud, thanks Carolyn, I have had trouble on the PC and suddenly noticed it said Onedrive was full.

Comment

If turned on, One Drive automatically syncs all of your folders, files, bookmarks, etc.
        I know Microsoft have placed storage limits on each person's account.
        If you access your One Drive you should be able to delete anything unnecessary to free up space.

Comment

The trouble I find with synch type backups is that nothing is ever deleted from it. I like to keep my files quite tidy and often delete or merge files. The synch backup just saves all these over the top of the originals. When I once needed the backup files I was very disappointed to get the whole lot back on my computer including all the files I had previously deleted or tidied away. You could go into Onedrive and have a look if that is the problem.
          Anne

Comment

Thanks both for replies, I have so many files according to them, you may be right Anne .
            Have disabled it for now, am going to back up to my hard drive, before I start deleting stuff, as I dont want to make any mistakes.

Comment

Working...
            X