How to make gmail page smaller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make gmail page smaller

why does mine fill the whole page? is there a way to make the page a lot smaller ta.

A bit late here, lol. In the top right corner of your browser you will see three symbols: A line, a double box, and a box. The double box will make the screen smaller. Click the box at the right end to restore to full.

You can also click on the header (colored part at the top of the screen) and drag it to the left or right side of the screen. That will make it fill half the screen, and if you have other programs open you can pick one to fill the other half. Click and drag back to the top to get full screen back.

Comment

clever you not too late ,I hadn't figured it out so thanks

Comment

you wont believe me but, I dont seem to have those symbols? any chance you could do a screen shot

Comment

are you opening it in a browser on PC, or some other way?
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

yes Carolyn with Google but I dont have those symbols

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              yes Carolyn with Google but I dont have those symbols
              what browser do you use? maybe - Edge, Chrome, firefox If you are opening it in a browser it must behave the same as any other website? not sure I understand
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

should have said google chrome ,hope this appears first screenshot on windows 11,
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LookingForFamily View Post
                  A bit late here, lol. In the top right corner of your browser you will see three symbols: A line, a double box, and a box. The double box will make the screen smaller. Click the box at the right end to restore to full.
                  Val, you need the Title bar where your tabs are - not the address bar shown on your screen shot. I have put a red dot under the 'double box' you need to press.

Screenshot 2021-11-12 233353.jpg
                  Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Evidently there is a problem people missing the Title bar altogether. You are not alone out there!

If this is your problem then this might help.

https://thegeekpage.com/fix-title-ba...indows-10-pro/

I would try this one first. It could be you hit the F11 key by mistake.
                    ​​​​​​​
                    4. For some cases, pressing the F11 key may help. F11 key enables the full screen mode and hitting it again disables it. (You can also try double tapping it).
                    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks Kat will see if I can do it, good to know I am not the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                        Evidently there is a problem people missing the Title bar altogether. You are not alone out there!

If this is your problem then this might help.

https://thegeekpage.com/fix-title-ba...indows-10-pro/

I would try this one first. It could be you hit the F11 key by mistake.
                        ​​​​​​​
                        4. For some cases, pressing the F11 key may help. F11 key enables the full screen mode and hitting it again disables it. (You can also try double tapping it).
                        Good advice!

Comment

not got win11, so not sure if it has changed a little - can see that there are a few videos about the new style win11, so might be worth having a search

there seems to be some shaking involved!
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                          X