No announcement yet.

Help please, Yahoo email problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I thought I was clearing the cache, I was clearing the history, anyway, I cleared all the cache and it got rid of my passwords so I went to firefox logins and passwords and tried to use them to get back into my sites.......but they wont accept the passwords? and I have to sign in here all the time now even though I don't sign out.
    Am making a bad scenario for me even worse now.......

Julie, can't I use my usual beginning of email addy with gmail?........sorry if this sounds soft but am very poor with the computer.

Give me a wedding party and I will make the gown, bridesmaids, mothers outfits in a few days.....but the computer
    Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
      When I thought I was clearing the cache, I was clearing the history, anyway, I cleared all the cache and it got rid of my passwords so I went to firefox logins and passwords and tried to use them to get back into my sites.......but they wont accept the passwords? and I have to sign in here all the time now even though I don't sign out.
      Am making a bad scenario for me even worse now.......

Julie, can't I use my usual beginning of email addy with gmail?........sorry if this sounds soft but am very poor with the computer.

Give me a wedding party and I will make the gown, bridesmaids, mothers outfits in a few days.....but the computer
      I wish I lived nearer I'd come round and have a look at the computer for you.

I guess if the beginning of your email is something like Tillymint@ whatever then I can't see why if you create a new one you can't use Tillymint@gmail.com or Tillymint@hotmail.co.uk

when you come to this site do you use a bookmark? or do you type it in every time to your browser?

if you use a bookmark, delete it and then type in www.familytreeforum. com into your browser, then put in username/password and tell it to 'remember you' I never log out either, but I have a 'pinned' tabs on my browser that are always there, so I just click on them to goto whichever site I want to visit, be it Ancestry/Facebook/Twitter I just click on a tab.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

are you still using firefox? and if it is autofilling your emails etc you can turn that off, it may be that auto fill is putting in a wrong password for your email

Firefox can remember what you've entered in forms on web pages. This article explains how to auto-fill this info for you or how to prevent it being filled in.
        Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          Julie she has the right email, but the one she has registered as the recovery, is where the codes are going, but she does not have that email address now.
          I have been trying to see if she could change that, and give a current one or phone number, but so far not found anything to help.
          You cannot change recovery details on an account unless you can access it, this is done for security reasons.

Tilly Mint unfortunately I think you need to draw a line under this and consider the yahoo email account as lost.
          The best possible advice I can give is to setup two email accounts, ie: one with gmail.com and the other with outlook.com and set each as the other's recovery account.
          I would also advise you consider using a password manager such as Keepass or LastPass to manage your logins and any other secure info you may have.

If after 90 days you are then able to access your yahoo account, I would consider this as a bonus, and then set the recovery account details correctly.
          https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Grim I said it was a mad thought

Comment

Is this Lastpass free?

Comment

ooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  Is this Lastpass free?
                  Yes Val it is and very good it is too, I no longer have to worry about passwords as LP can generate them for me and they are just letters and numbers so I don't have to remember them.

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Grimsqueaker View Post

You cannot change recovery details on an account unless you can access it, this is done for security reasons.

Tilly Mint unfortunately I think you need to draw a line under this and consider the yahoo email account as lost.
                    The best possible advice I can give is to setup two email accounts, ie: one with gmail.com and the other with outlook.com and set each as the other's recovery account.
                    I would also advise you consider using a password manager such as Keepass or LastPass to manage your logins and any other secure info you may have.

If after 90 days you are then able to access your yahoo account, I would consider this as a bonus, and then set the recovery account details correctly.
                    Thanks, Tim. I tried to download gmail but I keep getting this............

""502. That’s an error.

The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.

Please try again in 30 seconds. That’s all we know.""

What a pain.......I'll keep trying.

Thanks again
                    Jacky

Comment

There is nothing to download for Gmail it is in the 'cloud'. Not sure where you are, maybe just setting up an address?
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I was trying to get it from here...

Discover how Gmail keeps your account & emails encrypted, private and under your control with the largest secure email service in the world.

Cloud.......how do I access that?

Please, bare with me, my daughter set this computer up for me and I've never had a bit of trouble until my email played up. All I do is my genealogy and emails.
                        Jacky

Comment

yes link is right - you just create an account, shouldn't be anything to download. not sure why you are getting error.
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

have pmd you

Comment

Working...
                            X