Help please, Yahoo email problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

just a thought Jacky.. does your computer 'save' the passwords for you or do you manually type them in every time?
    you've not got 'caps lock' on have you? it seems very odd that you could get in and now you can't.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yes, Julie, the computer saves my passwords, they automatically come on. I tried taking them out and typing them in my self to no avail. I read somewhere that yahoo can bar the mail if someone has tried to hack my account for 90 days.

Thanks Julie
      Jacky

Comment

when you say that it wont let you make a new account ? what exactly happens, maybe you need to clear the cache? have pmd you

Comment

what about this

How do I recover my unrecognized Yahoo account?

How do I recover my verification code?
          If you lost your backup codes, you can revoke them and get new ones.
          1. Go to the 2-Step Verification section of your Google Account.
          2. Select Show codes.
          3. Select Get new codes.

Comment

I found mine and that bit for verification is turned off, maybe you could turn yours off

amazing stuff I have found, did you know google has your passwords, mine has 112 stored

Comment

amazing stuff I have found, did you know google has your passwords, mine has 112 stored.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                amazing stuff I have found, did you know google has your passwords, mine has 112 stored.
                I knew that, that's how I got back into Lastpass [as I forgot the only password I need to remember as lastpass saves the rest!]
                Julie

Comment

great isn't it Julie , I knew Firefox did but not that.

Comment

Think I may have solved it ,looks like the code is going to a different email address than the one registered for Yahoo.

Comment

Thanks, Val. I have pm-ed you.

The email addy Val is talking about had never been used, I have only ever used the one Ive always used regularly. I have tried to stop the account on the addy I don't use but it wont let me.....
                      Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
                        Thanks, Val. I have pm-ed you.

The email addy Val is talking about had never been used, I have only ever used the one Ive always used regularly. I have tried to stop the account on the addy I don't use but it wont let me.....
                        I'm confused!.. if you haven't used the addy and it won't let you, can you just not use it but revert back to your regular account?
                        Julie

Comment

great isn't it Julie , I knew Firefox did but not that.
                          yes it's brill but you can also turn it off. I now use lastpass so I don't have to remember all of my passwords lastpass does that for me, it can even generate long complex secure passwords for you and then saves them with the site name/login details. You just go to your site normally and lastpass autofills and then you log in as normal. [and you can also have it on your smartphone too]
                          Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

I'm confused!.. if you haven't used the addy and it won't let you, can you just not use it but revert back to your regular account?
                            No, Julie. I have tried that but it just brings the "sign in" up again.........am so fed up with it all now

Thanks Julie
                            Jacky

Comment

No, Julie. I have tried that but it just brings the "sign in" up again.........am so fed up with it all now

Thanks Julie
                              Have you got a different email addy that isn't Yahoo that you can use for the time being? I mean if you leave it for 90 days and then try again? It must be something really simple that isn't happening. I have several email accounts and but just use the spare accounts as 'rescue' accounts. So this might be a way that you can go.. say by creating a Gmail account and then you can use your phone for authentication should you ever get locked out...
                              Is there anything important in your emails that you have to get back into that account?
                              Julie

Comment

Julie she has the right email, but the one she has registered as the recovery, is where the codes are going, but she does not have that email address now.
                                I have been trying to see if she could change that, and give a current one or phone number, but so far not found anything to help.

Comment

Can I use the same email addy if I set up a gmail account, Julie.

I've no idea what's in the inbox, but due to the lock down here, Liverpool,and the North East and the weather and phone signal here, I want to let my kids know we are ok should they email me.

Thanks again.
                                  Jacky

Comment

Tilly I have a mad thought why not set up a new yahoo account ,under that email recovery address you have on yahoo, the one you dont use now, if you know what I mean, not the primary one, then hopefully the codes will come to you. or is that mad

Comment

I've just had a go and it wont let me set up a new account either, Val. It keeps putting the email addy in I have always used.

Thanks Val.

Jacky

Comment

I've no idea what's in the inbox, but due to the lock down here, Liverpool,and the North East and the weather and phone signal here, I want to let my kids know we are ok should they email me.

Thanks again.
                                        no it will be a new email address, but you can text everyone your new address? it will be "yourchosenname@gmail.com" when you set it up ensure that you put your phone number and that will be a back up if you are locked out. If you signed into chrome, did you create one as part of that?
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Julie she has the right email, but the one she has registered as the recovery, is where the codes are going, but she does not have that email address now.
                                          I have been trying to see if she could change that, and give a current one or phone number, but so far not found anything to help.

Thanks again.
                                          ahh I just wondered if you tried to get in to your account using Chrome and not firefox.. [just in case there is something amiss with FF browser]

if you aren't sure quite what is in it then I'd just go elsewhere and create a new account say with gmail and then get the recovery set up with your mobile number.
                                          then you can just text your children/friends etc and let them know your new email addy. [and if you do do that then don't forget to change your email on this site too so you'll still get email alerts if someone messages you]
                                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                                          X