How to dampen down the brightness of the screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to dampen down the brightness of the screen

Since having my eye done this screen seems so bright, how do I make it not so white? thanks

What are you using? PC? tablet? iPad? phone?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

desktop windows 10

Comment

Do you mean generally? There are several ways to do it:

Right click anywhere on your desktop - then select Display settings.

OR

Control panel > Appearance and personalisation

OR

https://www.google.com/search?q=make...hrome&ie=UTF-8

If you mean just this site, then you could try using the other skin/theme.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

There should be brightness function keys on the keyboard too, usually in the top row above the letters with a little picture of a sunshine with a + or - next to them.
          Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Are you on a laptop - probably a button like GG says. or PC and separate screen? if so the screen will probably have buttons, look at the bottom of the screen, my buttons are underneath. It is like setting your TV it stays like that.

you can also operate in dark mode, my son likes this. it is white on black, rather than black on white.

type dark in search box in windows and you will see options. You will need to also select in browser - they all have it now.

Click on the 3 dots in top right of browser window and select settings.

Last edited by cbcarolyn; 15-08-20, 13:44.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Thanks everyone shall have a go now

Comment

its better but still a bit of a strain, might try the dark one Carolyn thanks

Comment

dark mode is very 'trendy' you can do it on Android too
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

do you know I did see the dark one yesterday but cannot find it today ugh

Comment

Working...
                    X