Feature update Windows 10 version 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature update Windows 10 version 2004

Has anybody else completed this huge update? I started it off tonight at 20:26 and it’s still not finished.
    I used the phone browser to see if there were any known issues with it and discovered that it is known to take flaming ages. If you are extremely lucky it will be over an hour but most folks report around four hours.
    In fifteen minutes time I will be at five hours. I think they are rolling this out across the world as I have just spotted it as available to me tonight.
    So far, it has not asked me once for any intervention on my part so if you haven’t downloaded this monster yet, I suggest you look for it last thing at night and click the download and install option then slope off to bed and let it do its thing.
    Better be worth it is all I will say

I did mine at 10pm one night and left it for my night owl son to close the laptop after it finished so I don't know how long it took, but it was still going when I went up to bed at 11.30.

Comment

I finally got to bed about 02:45. The download and install took exactly 5 hours till it said it requires a restart to complete. Clicked on restart and it took another 55 minutes to reconfigure and get to the desktop. Six hours out of my life and for what?
      You know those infamous “blue screens of death”?
      Well here are two of my blue screens of boredom.

D5689C41-C659-4B7F-9BFA-7DA9AF1BD910.jpeg
      Really? What’s taking you so long?

26EF5380-6A65-4BB2-AC8F-40B9F3D73491.jpeg
      Aye, right

Comment

Something to look forward to ... NOT!

Every time I have had an update recently it has messed with my sound. I would maybe never have noticed except for using Zoom now. On Saturday I had to give up because I could not hear them or be heard by them. I found a solution on Google and did a RESTART. I never knew that allowing the update to turn the computer off when it had finished and then reconfigure when I turned it on the next day was NOT THE SAME as doing a restart, which apparently causes all sorts of other jiggery pokery to happen. The sound all came back again. Who knew???
        Anne

Comment

Yes, I was moaning about it in May/June.

My Microsoft Surface took it with no problems as it should have done, but the first of my machines that wanted to do the upgrade, my HP All-in-One, took forever to get it right as it initially knocked out my user profile. I've posted about it all somewhere but don't have time to find it now. The HP had originally been Windows Me but it eventually sorted itself out (or rather I did!!)

Hopefully all the issues then have now been solved. I didn't particularly have time issues, that would have been down to our download capabilities.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I find that every time there is an update pending, I lose the use of my trackpad until I install the update(s). Things still work though if I plug in a USB mouse. I also lose the use of the touchscreen.
            Oddly enough I have an HP Pavilion 360 laptop.

Comment

I just went to bed and have no idea how long it took, it was certainly taking its time, hence me retiring to bed.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Mine took forever too, much longer than usual, then when I tried to log on the screen went blank repeatedly, I ended up removing the power cable and leaving it for an hour before plugging back in, its taken me over 3 hours to get back.

Comment

Working...
                X