Copy and paste stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy and paste stopped working

Dont know whats happened but my browser will not copy and paste anymore? any ideas thanks

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    Dont know whats happened but my browser will not copy and paste anymore? any ideas thanks
    So it's not just me - I tried to do some cut and paste last night and it wouldn't work. I assumed I was doing something wrong as I am not great with techie stuff.

I will try just now and see if I am still failing- nope I can't get it to work.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

ah ha - I was having trouble recently too I can use keys (ctrl V) but not right click so can't pick up formatting - well it works sometimes, thought I was having a senior moment!

Will mention it tomorrow.
      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 07-08-20, 00:25.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

How odd do we all have Windows 10?? and what Browser are you both using.

Comment

How odd do we all have Windows 10?? and what Browser are you both using.
          Windows 10 and Firefox for me.
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I use Chrome, and it seems to be working on some things but not others, very annoying.

Comment

I will see when I can and can't do it and make notes!
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

I use Chrome, and it seems to be working on some things but not others, very annoying.
                if when you are using chrome you can see an orange arrow top right corner that means there is an update for Chrome, I had one the other day, Herky have you tried a different browser? where are you having the issues? is it just on this site or others? has your computer got an update to install?
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I am not sure when it does it, was having trouble on PC copying from word, I could ctrl & V but I couldn't right click and match style.

but It was intermittent!

Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

seems I am on the latest version

Comment

Weird ... cut and paste a bit of a census onto a WORD doc - no problems but can't do it here. I can cut and paste within the WORD doc.
                      I haven't had notification for an update yet but perhaps that will sort it out.
                      Hubby updated his laptop a couple of days ago and now takes ages on start up.

Haven't tried a different browser as I like to stick to firefox but I will try that shortly.

herky

Comment

Seems to be working on another browser.

herky

Comment

seems I am on the latest version
                          yes me too, just checked PC
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

I had a huge Windows update yesterday, could not believe how long it took, was hoping it would have changed things but it hasn't.

Comment

you can use the keys ctrl &v though, just not the mouse?
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

What extensions/addons do you have in your browsers?
                                https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

I will check, see how I can see them. Also need to see if it is same in Firefox. It seems intermittent, so thought there must be something i was doing wrong.

Keyboard keys always work. But that way can't choose formatting.

so it posts with an odd font!

Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Comment

Also, remember that some websites/resources do not allow right-click menu's to discourage copy/paste.
                                    https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grimsqueaker View Post
                                      Also, remember that some websites/resources do not allow right-click menu's to discourage copy/paste.
                                      That's when the Snipping Tool comes into its own!
                                      Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Grimsqueaker View Post
                                        mine was when I had written something in word.

ext/add on I have adblock, application launcher for drive, eye dropper (no idea why), google docs offline, pinterest button, google play music, docs, sheets, slides
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                        X