Disable adblocker on some sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable adblocker on some sites

Hi when I have turned off Adblocker for a coupe of sites, I still get ads , some even videos,any idea what I am doing wrong thanks.
    I am using either Firefox or Chrome.

I'm not quite sure what it is you are asking Val. Some sites will not allow you to enter them unless turn off your ad blocker because they depend on the advertising revenue to run their sites. Therefore once it is turned off, when you the enter their site, you will see the ads.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

you can turn off the adblocker for 'all sites' or 'this site' not sure if that helps!
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        Hi when I have turned off Adblocker for a coupe of sites, I still get ads , some even videos,any idea what I am doing wrong thanks.
        I am using either Firefox or Chrome.
        What you are doing wrong is expecting to use a resource for free whilst denying those who host it the means of funding their enterprise.

Because of the rise of adblockers, those who rely on revenue from adverts are finding more and more ways to prevent them from working on their sites, and quite rightly so.
        https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

thanks all
          Grim, the forum I am talking about I used to use a lot, but let my membership lapse, I actually paid £10 by paypal to them the day I rejoined, I expect nothing for nothing, they ask you to turn off the adblocker, which I thought I had, but obviously did something wrong, which turned out to be I had not put the right bit in the Whitelisting.
          Its a shame but , I know quite a few that were members on here, who boasted to me they never paid anything in to support it, I always did.

Comment

Working...
          X