New Email Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Email Program

Incredimail is closing so I need a new Email program , best suggestions please

for on line cloud service I use Gmail
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

is it easy to set up Carolyn

Comment

So long since I set it up, pretty sure it is for basic stuff - it is installed on all android things as standard, what do you use for emails phone/PC/mac/tablet? or all of them? You can install it on all. any android will already have it.

You can just visit website if you would prefer https://mail.google.com

I do use it to autoforward my other emails to it.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

thanks, am trying to work out now how to export my emails into it.

Comment

I have not done that, can see it says it is easy here

Making the switch to Gmail? Use Google's migration tool to seamlessly import old emails and contacts into your new account.

looks straightforward
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              Incredimail is closing so I need a new Email program , best suggestions please
              I'm in the same boat and have been looking at Thunderbird and Mailbird but will go with Outlook for the time being.

My main concern is that all my emails from 2003 are downloaded to Incredimail so have been experimenting with some converters to get them safely transferred and backed up in a format readable by other email setups, I've gone with the one they put in the email since the others look slightly dodgy and I couldn't persuade them to work consistently. The recommended one works quickly and is easy to use.
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

thanks, am trying to work out now how to export my emails into it.
                You need to convert from IMM to EML. You need to get something which will batch process or you have to do them one by one ...
                Caroline
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I use thunderbird on my PC. although all email can also be accessed via my website hoster or gmail.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                    I use thunderbird on my PC. although all email can also be accessed via my website hoster or gmail.
                    I've used Incredimail as the email client locally on my PC(s) since it first came out 20 years ago and only download what I want to keep, accessing my various email accounts online and pruning it there, but it didn't play nicely with Windows 10. It uses a different way of saving which isn't directly compatible with anything else. I won't lose the desktop version and will stop using it for any new stuff, but prefer to transfer it in case further Windows 10 updates kill it altogether.

There are direct convertors from IMM to EML, MBOX , gmail et al around, and being heavily pushed since the announcement this week, but when you investigate they all go to the same company. They are cheaper than the one recommended by Incredimail but the two I trialled show they are inconsistent so I would be very wary of using them.

https://www.outlooktransfer.com/prod...look-transfer/

IncrediMail to Gmail Converter allows to export email from IncrediMail to Gmail Google App. It transfer IncrediMail to Gmail with Attachments & contacts.
                    Caroline

Comment

https://turgs.com/blog/incredimail-to-gmail/ - this is one which I tried. After you've googled a bit you find that you begin to recognise the Download button and instructions and see they are basically the same software.

I only spent a short time yesterday exploring so will carry on today and report back later.
                      Caroline

Comment

I don't know incredible mail, from what you have said it is something that is on PC and is bringing in emails from accounts?

If Val has all the emails she 'wants' still in the server then they can just be downloaded in the normal way to a new email program like Thunderbird. That is what I do, Emails I wish to keep are always on the server. That way I don't need to back them up.

That is what i did when I got a new PC, just installed new email and then they all downloaded in the new place.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                          I don't know incredible mail, from what you have said it is something that is on PC and is bringing in emails from accounts?

If Val has all the emails she 'wants' still in the server then they can just be downloaded in the normal way to a new email program like Thunderbird. That is what I do, Emails I wish to keep are always on the server. That way I don't need to back them up.

That is what i did when I got a new PC, just installed new email and then they all downloaded in the new place.
                          Yes it is - it resides locally on my pc and I mostly work from my laptop. and nowadays my phone. so read/delete there and it is downloaded automatically on the to PC if it is for keeping and then gets backed up from there. I think there are some other members who use it too. We've had discussions before about Incredimail and I don't remember what Val does but she may have some downloaded if she is still using it. If she has left it all on her server then it will be easy. I keep nothing online bar the previous week's emails which sit in deleted. Until now it's been dead easy just to move it over from PC to PC and changing countries/providers meant no issues in having to transfer everything by keeping what needs keeping offline.
                          Caroline

Comment

I make sure that Thunderbird only deletes emails off server that I delete, but keeps all others.
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

Just noticed the updates on here thanks, I do get in a muddle doing this sort of stuff, I love Incredimail wish it would not stop.
                              I started to put my emails in named folders, for now, still not sure who to use .

Comment

I've installed Thunderbird now, am trying to work out how to export my contacts from Incredimail

Comment

Just noticed the updates on here thanks, I do get in a muddle doing this sort of stuff, I love Incredimail wish it would not stop.
                                  I started to put my emails in named folders, for now, still not sure who to use .
                                  If it is only your contacts, you can save them as a .CSV from Incredimail > File > Export/Import - then this https://www.lifewire.com/import-gmai...erbird-1173152

If it is all your messages then you will need another piece of convertor software.
                                  Caroline

Comment

which email provider/address are you using, I am wondering if the addresses may already be on their cloud?
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

thanks will have a go

Comment

have managed to get gmail, and imported my contacts,and seems fine, thanks

Comment

Working...
                                        X