This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genealogical Tales

Lots of you will have tales to tell, fiction or non-fiction, it doesn't matter, which won't easily fit into the titles for the 52 weeks challenge.

Please add their links to this thread.

This post will also act as a Contents page for them.

Darksecretz Needle-Making

Gardengirl A story from a postcard - The Qui Vives

Gardengirl From Ruby to Silver via a lot of Williams

bubblebelle Thomas Pye, yeoman of Bredgar or Admiral Sir Thomas Pye?
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

No storyteller but here goes:

Needle-Making
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

A story from a postcard - The Qui Vives

​In late 1807 Joseph Shearsby was born and baptised in Ryton on Dunsmore, a small village on the A45 between Coventry and Rugby in Warwickshire. He had at least three brothers and a sister but not...
      Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

From Ruby to Silver via a lot of Williams

This is the story of Thomas and Catherine, our mother’s maternal grandparents. It is a tale of two people who travel across the world to look for a new life in Australia in the late 19th...
        Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Well I've dipped my toe in and had a go at my first Blog post outside of this forum.

Thomas Pye, yeoman of Bredgar or Admiral Sir Thomas Pye? Addressing the use of their wills to identify who was who.

This blog is an attempt to write down some of the stories related to my family history. At present I am in the process of updating the format.

Initially I was going to catch up on the 52 ancestors project but having written about a couple of my ancestors I found that the stories fitted under multiple themes, so I thought I would just write up the stories I have discovered. As to writing for a blog, I have a lot to learn but I hope to learn as I go along.
          Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
            Well I've dipped my toe in and had a go at my first Blog post outside of this forum.

Thomas Pye, yeoman of Bredgar or Admiral Sir Thomas Pye? Addressing the use of their wills to identify who was who.

This blog is an attempt to write down some of the stories related to my family history. At present I am in the process of updating the format.

Initially I was going to catch up on the 52 ancestors project but having written about a couple of my ancestors I found that the stories fitted under multiple themes, so I thought I would just write up the stories I have discovered. As to writing for a blog, I have a lot to learn but I hope to learn as I go along.
            That really shows show how useful wills are. I'm glad you've been inspired to start writing it down for a blog.

Even if I don't write every week on the correct week for the 52Weeks, I'm finding that I'm writing far more now than I would have done (got around to doing) before. I sometimes get inspiration for one of those prompts way later on. I've been writing one for Newsworthy (late) and realised yesterday that actually, I had a "better" candidate.
            Caroline
            Caroline's Family History Pages
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thank you Caroline, as you say it's a case of just doing it. I have been reading your and others contributions to the 52 week project. Always interesting.
              Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Working...
              X