Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 (Jan. 18-24): Favourite Photograph

SusanGillett_1870-180x300.jpg

If you've done the 52 Ancestors challenge before, you might recognize this theme.

Yes, it's a repeat -- but it's too good not to do it again!

Tell the story of a favourite photo: who is in it, where and when it was taken, and why it was taken.

What was the event?

Amy Johnson Crow
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Dipping in and out of the weekly themes, if there is something relevant to post. I have written about my 2nd favourite photo, a relatively recent find. Ruth Shaw of Netherton 1884-1918.
    52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2022 Week 3 Favourite Photo. Ruth Shaw 1884-1918 (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

I can see there are some weeks where I will not be inspired or can't think of anything to write, but was spoiled for choice this time thanks to my aunt.

Favourite Photograph - includes a link to the one I nearly used. I am the tiny girl on my mother's lap in the middle. Coincidently, one of the small boys in that picture contacted me through my website just yesterday before I'd even finished this article - I've not seen him since we were very little. He's the son of Frank and his parents lived next door to my grandmother.

Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Lucy & Thomas cleaned up.jpg

My 3x great grandparents, Thomas (1800-1874) and Lucy (1797-1873) Cox. It's the earliest photo I have. I believe this was taken in their garden in Sonning Common, Oxfordshire. The house is no longer there, although the one next door where his brother lived is still standing.

Thomas was a carpenter/ builder as were his father, most of his six sons and many of his later descendants, up to my grandfather's time. The Cox family were big supporters of the local chapel and there are many family graves in the churchyard. Lucy was a Sellwood from Chieveley, Berkshire.
        Last edited by jenoco; 23-01-22, 19:46.
        Jenny

Comment

Working...
        X