This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks ~ 2022

As before, I will post the weekly thread for you to add your links, but if you sign up you get advance warning of the list and will also get the weekly emails - usually just before I have posted the thread.

As you will see from the next post, Amy has made some changes and has grouped the prompts into monthly themes.

The link to the prompts for the coming year is in the next post and also in the Contents post for this year, but even if you are super organised, please add your links to the threads I post, which will be each Monday/Tuesday.

If you can keep going for the whole year, that's great! If you only ever join in one randomly for one week because it caught your imagination, it matters not.

If you don't want to write a whole article, you can always just add a post to that thread.

If you want to write a longer article and don't have, or don't want the hassle of, your own website/blog - you are most welcome to use the blog area on here.
    ftf-bar.jpg
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Here are the details of this year's writing challenge:

Hi, Caroline,

First, thank you so much for joining the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks challenge for 2022! It's going to be a fun year, filled with lots of discoveries!

Though the year doesn't officially start until Saturday, I know many people like to get a jump ahead on things, so I'm giving a sneak peek into what the challenge will look like next year.

Weekly and Monthly Themes
    I've had several requests for a slightly "scaled back" version of the weekly prompts, so I've added a monthly theme.
    If 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks feels a bit overwhelming, maybe give 12 Ancestors in 12 Months a try.

Also, you'll find that the themes build upon each other.
    I'll also be sharing research tips based on the monthly themes.
    It's going to be a fun year!

Emails
    The weekly emails (with the themes and some highlighted posts) will go out on Mondays.

The Facebook Group
    Also on Mondays, I'll post in my free Facebook group with the weekly theme. If you want to share your stories, blog posts, etc, in the group, please do so on that post. (With so many people in the group participating, you can imagine how unwieldy it can be if everyone creates their own separate post. Thanks for understanding.)

The January Themes

Drumroll, please! Here are the themes for January 2021:

January theme: Foundations
    Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Foundations
    Week 2 (Jan. 11-17): Favorite Find
    Week 3 (Jan. 18-24): Favorite Photo
    Week 4 (Jan. 25-31): Curious

Want to see the whole year? (I'm guessing you do!) Click here to check out all of the themes for 2022!

See you next week,

Amy
    Caroline
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

unnamed.jpgPlease post future links to your stories on the thread linked to the appropriate week.

Even though the prompts for the year are already available, please don't post your links until we get to that week.

The links to the threads will be added to the Contents list as we go through the year, so you can easily find a thread to join in whenever you like.

Any comments for those stories can be made on the the same threads.

General comments, thoughts and ideas about writing can go on Paul's Writing your Family History thread.
      Caroline

Comment

Working...
      X