Week 48 (Nov. 29-Dec. 5): Strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 48 (Nov. 29-Dec. 5): Strength

Sorry, it was the first thing that popped into my head.

The theme for Week 48 is "Strength."
    Strength comes in many forms.
    It can be physical, but it can also be emotional or spiritual.
    What ancestor has demonstrated strength?
    Amy Johnson Crow
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

re Popeye

Thank you Caroline.
    This week I have written about my Grand Aunt (well that's the relationship Ancestry gives). Florence Stewart Perry 1882-1957, was in fact the wife of my Grandfather's half brother.
    Reading that half brother's journal, I have great respect for this lady and the hurdles she overcame in supporting her husband and providing stability for her family.

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 48. Strength. (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)

Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
      re Popeye

Thank you Caroline.
      This week I have written about my Grand Aunt (well that's the relationship Ancestry gives). Florence Stewart Perry 1882-1957, was in fact the wife of my Grandfather's half brother.
      Reading that half brother's journal, I have great respect for this lady and the hurdles she overcame in supporting her husband and providing stability for her family.

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 48. Strength. (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)

How lucky to have (access to?) the journal. I think those who choose to follow their religious inclinations are very brave but their families even more so, especially the wives.

My mother wrote an article about John de Fraine, a preacher andwritier, for the FTF magazine - The Preacher. He had a much easier time of it.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post

My mother wrote an article about John de Fraine, a preacher andwritier, for the FTF magazine - The Preacher. He had a much easier time of it.
        Interesting read, and some comparable circumstances. although John A does appear to have been more of a family man as his writings especially of his later life show much more involvement in his children's lives, such that on his and Florence's Golden Wedding Anniversary one of his children gifted a bungalow on their land for them to live.

These journals and books are gold dust and it is a joy to discover them, they certainly bring our ancestors to life.
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

the strength of a military wife - https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspo...-strength.html
          **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
          X