• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 41 (Oct. 11-17): Changes

Week 41 (Oct. 11-17): Changes

David Bowie - Changes

They say life is change.
    Think about the changes that your ancestors saw during their lifetime.
    I think about my grandmother who went from using a horse and wagon to seeing Neil Armstrong step foot on the moon.
    Amy Johnson Crow
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Sometimes I stand back and look at my ancestors and am amazed at what a diverse and sometimes interesting family I have been born into. So whilst I have often thought about my Nan's experience of change in her 96 years of life 1908-2005, I have not chosen to write about those changes.

Instead I am focusing this weeks post on the Rev. George Stewart Hitchcock 1866-1922, a man who changed his religion three times. Initially Church of Ireland/England to Unitarian Minister to Roman Catholic priest and back to Unitarian Minister. The theme this week, has made me look deeper into the circumstances in these not inconsiderable changes. This has introduced me to a fascinating man, although I'm not sure whether I like him and a wider knowledge of religious and social issues of the time.

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 41. Changes. Reverend George Stewart Hitchcock 1866-1922 (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

this was an interesting week - https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspo...7-changes.html
      **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
      X