Week 34 (Aug. 23-29) Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 34 (Aug. 23-29) Characters

I immediately thought of this scene from "The Importance Being Earnest".

The character played by Edith Evans, Lady Bracknell, was typical of those played by my mother in amateur dramatics .

- the classic line is about 5m 30 secs. in.

Characters — there's at least one in every family.
    Who in your family could be described as a character, someone who marches to the beat of their own drum?
    Or maybe you have an actor or writer in the family?
    Share their story this week
    Amy Johnson Crow
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Caroline. I think nearly everyone of an age knows at least two words from that play.

In order to complete the Youell trilogy, I have shied away from writing about any of my music hall/variety ancestors but asked the question. Does a respectable looking man mean he is of good character?

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 34: Character. The Youell trilogy Part 3 (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

this theme has got me stuck, as all the people i could use as character i have used for something else either this year or last year. :( so for now it is staying a blank and hopefully i can come up with something before the end of the year
      **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
      X