Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 29 (July 19-25): Fashion

It's fun to look at old photos and think, "How did they wear that?!"
    Corsets, bustles, wool suits, and ridiculously large hats seem so impractical (not to mention heavy!)
    Any fashion mavens in your family tree?
    What about an ancestor who had their own sense of style or someone associated with the fashion industry?

Amy Johnson Crow
    Definition of maven

and

"What are beauty mavens?
    The audience segments “Beauty Mavens” and “Fashionistas” who are interested in beauty and fashion could be interested in your products. ...
    As a result, you may reach “Beauty Mavens” who are not into fashion and “Fashionistas” who are not into beauty and also people who are interested in both."
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Now I have an earworm, Caroline..... but a good one!

This week I have posted about what started as trying to find the owner/dressmaker of a dress and ended up looking at a post war home industry to bring hard currency to the UK economy.

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 29. Fashion. (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

I nearly used which would have been worse.

I enjoy trying to find the videos.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

fashion many follow it, others hate it and looking back at what fashions my ancestors wore i can see why. https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspo...5-fashion.html
        **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
        X