Week 23 (June 7-13): Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 23 (June 7-13): Bridge

The theme this week is "Bridge." A bridge connects two things that are separated, whether it's land or people (maybe even time?). You could take the theme literally and write about an ancestor who worked on bridges or had to cross them regularly. How about someone who worked or lived on a river? What about someone who played bridge (the card game). You could take a more figurative take on and think about who has been a bridge in your genealogy -- who has connected you to the past? Lots of possibilities this week!

Thank you, Raymond Schneider, for suggesting this theme!

Amy Johnson Crow
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

It took me a while to work out a link to any kind of Bridge. Good old 3xGreat Grandfather, John Randolph (surgeon) whose business was being conducted from no.2 Bridge Street, Westminster at the time of his bankruptcy.

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 23. Bridge: John Randolph Surgeon of Bridge Street, Westminster. (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

i could have had a lovely story linked to a bridge (had i read ahead on the themes) but i used it for favourite place. So i had to think on this one, and when i started to type bridge into my tree i found a family with it as their surname - not well known to me, but there all the same. https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspo...13-bridge.html
      **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
      X