• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 8 (Feb. 22-28): Power

ability to do or act

capability of doing or accomplishing something

to supply with electricity or other means of power

to give power to

Week 8's theme is "Power." Does that mean physical strength, political power, power in the family, electrical power? Yes. It's a vague theme on purpose :-) It's whatever the theme sparks in you.

For me, it reminds me of my dad's maternal grandmother. When her house was fitted for electrical power, she was nervous that the electricity would come pouring out empty sockets. To her, it made sense that if oil (her previous power source) would physically flow, so would electricity.

Amy Johnson Crow
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I shall be looking, after RootsTech, at the power of the press - my great x3 grandfather founded the Bucks Herald and I also have a dubious relationship with the Harmsworths ..... the current Viscount Rothermere is my 7th cousin. The relationship seems legitimate but I do not read their newspapers!!

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I will look forward to reading that Caroline.

This week I have made a few soundbite ancestors, one of which is extremely tenuous. However, I have focused my attention on the husband of my Great Grandaunt, I did not know there was such a relationship. Frederick William Theobald 1870-New Year's Eve 1904

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 8: Power (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)

Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

hi,
        This weeks theme got me really stuck, i couldnt find anything or anyone that seemed to fit it so i went totally off track - https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspo...ectricity.html
        **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
        X