Week 7 (Feb. 15-21): Unusual Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 7 (Feb. 15-21): Unusual Source

Vltava by Smetana, from the source of the river to the sea.

How These Unusual Sources Make Your Content Stand Out
    • Peer-reviewed literature. ...
    • Books and your local library. ...
    • Investigative journalism. ...
    • Expert interviews. ...
    • Message boards. ...
    • White papers and lead magnets. ...
    • Tangential fields.

Genealogists use a variety of methods and genealogical sources to conduct their research, including oral interviews, historical records (such as immigration records from Ellis Island), obituaries, census records, naturalization records, probate records, military records, birth certificates, death certificates, marriage ...

Genealogy Resources

A Checklist of Compiled Sources and Where to Find Them

And last but not least - the Family Tree Forum Reference
    Library
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

hi,
    as there wasnt a thread for this week i've started one. (Admin feel free to move my post once one is set up).

My unusual source is just that, i didnt find the informatiom someone found me! https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspo...e-village.html
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good luck with trying to find the link, sometimes it is worth going around the very long way to find the answer.

I haven't yet finished the Wk 7 post, as usual I have been distracted along the way.

Incidentally my last post for Valentine, has been named in the email Amy Johnson Crow sends with the new title. My blog stats have multiplied significantly today.
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

I'll be posting it tomorrow morning - sometimes it will be Monday p.m. and sometimes Tuesday first thing.
        Caroline
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by yummy-mummy-amy View Post
          hi,
          as there wasnt a thread for this week i've started one. (Admin feel free to move my post once one is set up).
          That can be quite a performance, running the risk of losing some or all of it, and it was today - please can you wait the few hours until the main thread appears. It matters not at what point n the week it begins, it's not a competition ,just a vehicle for anyone who wants to share their writing.

I need to prepare the starter, wait until Amy J C sends her email to see if there is anything to add or sometimes to give me inspiration and then need to post it when I am on the site. Sometimes I am lucky and my own article is ready, mostly it isn't but I post the thread anyway. It may be late afternoon on Monday, it may be on a Tuesday.
          Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
            Good luck with trying to find the link, sometimes it is worth going around the very long way to find the answer.

I haven't yet finished the Wk 7 post, as usual I have been distracted along the way.

Incidentally my last post for Valentine, has been named in the email Amy Johnson Crow sends with the new title. My blog stats have multiplied significantly today.
            That's great. I need to add mine to the FB page but by the time I've written it, published it, sorted out this end, I forget. I do tweet a link and post here and that's about it. I need to do more to share.
            My Valentine one is still being written, I'm trying to track down the info we had way back on a Civil War soldier and his family.
            Caroline

Comment

A recycled story this week: Unusual source

envelope-400x250.jpg

P.S. It's only short but it is unusual. And I remembered to add it to the FB page too. Thanks for the reminder Mandy.
              Caroline

Comment

Caroline, I have a similar envelope which contains a 'funeral card' your story reminded me of it and I wonder if this was what your Granny received within the envelope you found.

funeral card.jpg
                This week I have written about receiving an unusual photo within a building, which added a little flavour and realism to research I had already undertaken. I have been having problems with the look of the text within this weeks post, so I am afraid I have given up and will try and edit it at a later date.
                So this weeks link is
                52 Ancestors in 52 weeks: Week 7: Unusual Source. (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
                Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Working...
                X