• Show
Clear All

• Week 5 (Feb. 1-7): In the Kitchen

The Book of Household Management by Mrs. Beeton

Victorian Bakers

English Heritage

YouTube: The Real Mrs Crocombe- Parts One to Five

Victorian Recipes

So many memories revolve around meals and cooking together.
    Do you have an ancestor who was a good cook (or maybe a notoriously bad cook!)
    What about a favourite recipe -- where did it come from or who always cooked it?
    If that doesn't spring any ideas, what about ancestors named Kitchen or Cook(e)?
    Amy Johnson Crow
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I haven't quite finished my own article yet - I have decided to write about my bakers and confectioners.
    Caroline
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

That will be interesting Caroline. This week I struggled so this post is very short and sad, but then I spent an hour or two checking background information.

52 Ancestors in 52 weeks: Week 5. In the kitchen (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
        That will be interesting Caroline. This week I struggled so this post is very short and sad, but then I spent an hour or two checking background information.

52 Ancestors in 52 weeks: Week 5. In the kitchen (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
        That's really sad. When my daughter was in the orphanage in India, she used to "help" the nuns and she upset a pan of boiling water over her hand and you can still see the scarring across the back of her knuckles. She will have been a bit younger than Dennis, but a whole lot luckier!

I had fun exploring about Victorian bakeries and confectioners while writing it, but that research doesn't really appear in my article!
        Caroline

Comment

Scalds can leave really bad scars, I think like sunburn people don't realise just how bad they can be.
          Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

In the kitchen - sort of!! I may well go back an put more in. I'm waiting for a certificate as we have never really tracked down who Edmund Mason was and how he ended up in Farnham marrying Jessamine.
            Caroline

Comment

i did consider writing about my kitchen fire 10years ago, but i dont want it all about me, so i linked it to the "cook family" in my tree. https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspo...john-cook.html
              **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X