X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 (Jan. 18-24): Namesake

Namesake
    • a person named after another.
    • a person having the same name as another.
    If you are interested in finding out more about names, their historical use, distribution and meanings, these are useful websites:
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

My effort for this week.

I enjoyed doing this one but had to stop myself from turning it into a full scale research project!!

Week Three: Namesake

Caroline
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Oh no Caroline, I love these type of statistics, I am desperately trying to talk myself out of doing the same exercise with my family.

However whilst reading your blog and the mistranscription of Clara, I had a lightbulb moment for a subject for my own contribution for 'namesake.' I had been writing a pretty dry account of family naming patterns, so with your help I am now reenergised in writing about another ancestor completely. Thank you Caroline. Will add a link when it is written.
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
        Oh no Caroline, I love these type of statistics, I am desperately trying to talk myself out of doing the same exercise with my family.

However whilst reading your blog and the mistranscription of Clara, I had a lightbulb moment for a subject for my own contribution for 'namesake.' I had been writing a pretty dry account of family naming patterns, so with your help I am now reenergised in writing about another ancestor completely. Thank you Caroline. Will add a link when it is written.
        Great, I shall look forward to reading it.
        Caroline

Comment

For namesake I wrote about my 3xGreatGrandmother William Mary Randolph nee Wilson and how she got her name. I hope it will be of interest to someone out there.

52 Ancestors in 52 weeks: Week 3. Namesake (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
          Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

hi,
            for this weeks theme i have used myself and explained how i was called what i was and who it linked to. It can be found here: https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspo...-about-me.html
            **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
              For namesake I wrote about my 3xGreatGrandmother William Mary Randolph nee Wilson and how she got her name. I hope it will be of interest to someone out there.

52 Ancestors in 52 weeks: Week 3. Namesake (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
              thats lovely but very sad, i have a few ladies with male names but have been used as a middle name not the 1st.
              **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you Amy, as you have said there are keyrings aplenty with your name now. It is funny how names go in cycles.
                Bubblebelle x

Comment

Working...
                X