Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2 (Jan. 11-17): Family Legend

Legend
    • a nonhistorical or unverifiable story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as historical.
    • the body of stories of this kind, especially as they relate to a particular people, group, or clan.
    • an inscription/caption, especially on a coat of arms, on a monument, under a picture, or the like.
    • a table on a map, chart, or the like, listing and explaining the symbols used (key).
    • an inscription around a coin or medal.
    • a collection of stories about an admirable person.
    Is there a tale that's been passed down in your family?
    Have you proven (or maybe disproven) it?
    Perhaps you have an ancestor who was legendary (or should have been).
    Amy Johnson Crow
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

My contribution for Wk 2: Family Legend

Titled Family Legend: Help or Hindrance.

52 Ancestors, 52 Weeks: Wk 2: Family Legend (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

I enjoyed reading that. Thank you.
      Caroline
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read it Caroline. Glad it was of interest.
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

hi,

i've written week 1 just not uploaded it to blog yet, week 2 i was ready to go from the title i had worked out who i was going to use etc, i checked last years 52/52 and i used the person for something on that!!! so i dont want to use him again as will pretty much be the same story, so i now need to re-think this one. :(
          **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by yummy-mummy-amy View Post
            hi,

i've written week 1 just not uploaded it to blog yet, week 2 i was ready to go from the title i had worked out who i was going to use etc, i checked last years 52/52 and i used the person for something on that!!! so i dont want to use him again as will pretty much be the same story, so i now need to re-think this one. :(
            I migth well have the same problem. You can always come back to this one later when you get inspiration. I didn't do them in order last year and some still need finishing!
            Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post

I migth well have the same problem. You can always come back to this one later when you get inspiration. I didn't do them in order last year and some still need finishing!
              i'm in the process of making a list of who i used last year and what it was for so i can link to it.

Comment

hi,
                going on from the above post i didnt use the person i thought of, but went with a family name that is linked to a legend and not a person. it can be found here: https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspo...ly-legend.html

Comment

Working...
                X