Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings

Beginnings:
    1. the point in time or space at which something begins.
    2. the first part or earliest stage of something.
    3. the background or origins of a person or organisation.

and

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

After dipping my toe into writing a blog, I have decided to take part in this years 52 years, 52 ancestors.

Week 1 - beginnings is the man who got me started in this whole family research hobby. Members of this forum may remember going around in circles trying to find this man and I am sure the future prompt re family legends will perhaps chart the many routes I/we took into trying to find him.

So here is the link to Week 1's contribution: GEORGE ARTHUR PERRY 1851-1934: WHO ARE YOU MR P? (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Well done on both your painstaking research and well written piece, Bubblebelle.

Comment

Enjoy the prompts and the process, I completed the challenge in 2020 but have decided to not do it again in 2021 Good luck everyone.
        My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

I've written the first article but have decided to play around with the layout of my site, so it will eventually look different this year.

Week One: Beginnings
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thank you Pinefamily, Caroline, your post resonates, like you it is the thrill of the chase but again I have learnt just to write a quick source reference in a document on the PC. Of course this is great... if you back it up!
            Anyway good luck to everyone with their writing journeys.
            Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Hi,
              last year with the start topic i wrote about starting this challenge, this year could be taken the same way, but i didnt go that route.

Just before Christmas, i made contact with a new cousin, therefore i have used this as my beginnings story. It can be read here: https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/2021/01/2021-week-1-jan-1-10-beginnings-contact.html
              **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X