X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

52 Ancestors for 52 Weeks 2021

The January Themes

Drumroll, please!

Here are the themes for January 2021 - apart from Week 1, the week starts on a Monday this year:

Week 1: Beginnings

Week 2: Family Legend

Week 3: Namesake

Week 4: A Favourite Photograph
    Once we get going I'll post the prompts a week at a time like before.

First, thank you so much for joining the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks challenge for 2021! It's going to be a fun year, filled with lots of discoveries!

Though the year doesn't officially start until Friday, I know many people like to get a jump ahead on things, so I'm giving a sneak peek into what the challenge will look like next year.

Emails
    The weekly emails (with the themes and some highlighted posts) will go out on Mondays. Yes, it's a change from the normal Tuesdays that we did in 2020, but it falls better on the calendar this way,

The Facebook Group
    Also on Mondays, I'll post in my free Facebook group with the weekly theme. If you want to share your stories, blog posts, etc, please do so on that post. (More than 6000 people participated in the challenge in 2020; you can imagine how unwieldy it can be if everyone creates their own separate post. Thanks for understanding.)

Amy Johnson Crow
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. Socrates

Please post future links to your stories on the thread linked to the appropriate week from the Contents list above.

Any comments for those stories can be made on the the same threads.

This should help people who want to join in later in the year.

If you are super keen, you can find the prompts all over the internet as this has been running for several years now so you could get ahead if you wanted to, but I won't post the whole list to give us an element of surprise as well as take the pressure off! So, please don't post your links until we get to that week.

General comments, thoughts and ideas about our writing can go on Paul's Writing your Family History thread.
    Caroline

Comment

From this week's email:

Whether you're brand-new to the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks challenge or you've been through it before, I want to remind you of a few important things:

- There is no wrong way to interpret the themes. They're there to help spark ideas, not to be rigid requirements.

- You don't have to blog. The goal is to get those discoveries out of our genealogy software and do something with them. You could blog, but you could also send an email to family members, write in a journal, make a scrapbook page, record a video. Be creative!

- Along those lines, you don't have to do anything publicly.

And, finally:

- There is no "behind" in this challenge, only progress. Anything you write is more than what you had before.

The Facebook Group

I encourage you to join my free Facebook group. Each Monday morning, I will have a post with the theme of the week; you're encouraged to share links to your blog posts and your stories in the comments. I share other genealogy-related tips and resources there, and it's a fun, supportive group. When you join, be sure to answer the two questions; it really helps me keep spammers out of the group.

Want to receive a weekly email with ideas for using the prompts and get inspiration from others? Sign up here!

P.S. Like last year, I will post the thread for the week.

Some weeks I need inspiration for the thread starter so I have to wait for the email from Amy, so ideally the thread will appear on the Monday, but it may need to be on Tuesday.
      It will all depend on when I get the email from Amy or when she post on the FB page since she is in the USA.
      Caroline

Comment

I received this week's email at one minute past noon, so should be able to post the weekly thread on a Monday afternoon/Tuesday morning.
        Caroline

Comment

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 2021 - Contents

Week 1: Beginnings

Week 2: Family Legend

Week 3: Namesake

Week 4: A Favourite Photograph

Week 5: In the Kitchen

Week 6: Valentine

Week 7: Unusual Source

Week 8: Power

Week 9: Multiples

Week 10: Name’s the Same
          Caroline

Comment

Working...
          X