Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 18 (April 29-May 5): Where There’s a Will ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 18 (April 29-May 5): Where There’s a Will ......

Where there's a will there's a way - a proverb that means if someone is determined to do something, he will find a way to accomplish it regardless of obstacles.

Thesaurus: determination

image_13663.jpg

And of course the vital FTF Research Guide: Wills and Probate (scroll down for useful links).
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

If you want to go down the will and testament route, don't forget that The National Archives is allowing free downloads of Wills (up tp 50 in 30 days) while they are closed.

Caroline
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Just for a laugh I counted up (queried FH) how many Williams I have in my tree.

I have 1141 Williams of whom 40 are direct ancestors.

I can see a few who have a story to tell which I've not already told.
      Caroline

Comment

my "will" story is here https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspo...re-theres.html
        **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

You are fast on the ball Amy; it takes me yonks to sort out stuff and eventually put pen to paper. That's a great photo of your grandfather - a handsome young man. It looks to me he's definitely wearing his school uniform. I will be writing about a William too ...eventually
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
            You are fast on the ball Amy; it takes me yonks to sort out stuff and eventually put pen to paper. I will be writing about a William too ...eventually
            I end up having to check all my research as often I want to update an old article and there is so much more online nowadays or I decide to look more closely at somebody who is only a twig and so needs loads doing as well. And then there is all the research to put them into context for me if not the article ..... and then I get distracted, then it's time to start the new week. I've got several on the go at the moment but am playing catch up all the time.

(If you want to look ahead, you can google and there are several places to find the lists of future prompts online but we keep it secret until the start of the week in here. There is also a FB page where Amy the organiser posts a hint the day before. She sends out an email although I never get them.)
            Caroline

Comment

Yes, I have the full list for the year and Amy's email arrives weekly. I have to check out all my research before it goes online and then I keep finding a snippet here and there which sets me off on another tangent
              Kat

Comment

Originally posted by yummy-mummy-amy View Post
                well done I have fallen by way side (NB very last link doesn't work).

I feel I am so far behind can't ever catch up!
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Welcome to week 18 of my Genealogy challenge, from the wonderful Amy Johnson Crow, of writing something about your Ancestors for a whole year, #52Ancestors in 52 weeks. Week 18’s prompt is &#…

My oldest Will and who couldn't resist a story about being left two little lambs in a Will
                  My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

well done I have fallen by way side (NB very last link doesn't work).

I feel I am so far behind can't ever catch up!
                    I'm not trying to keep up . It is just giving me ideas for stories I might use to talk about the different lifestyles between different branches of my family. They are very contrasting. I am going back to Water next followed by Wills then Service. I don't number mine.
                    Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post

I'm not trying to keep up . It is just giving me ideas for stories I might use to talk about the different lifestyles between different branches of my family. They are very contrasting. I am going back to Water next followed by Wills then Service. I don't number mine.
                      Neither am I - I was working on "Same Name" this morning and "Fire" on Tuesday, one of my Williams yesterday, "Strong Woman" last week and none finished yet. I am using it to spur me on with actually writing down what is in my head! No idea what to write for a couple of the prompts yet.
                      Caroline

Comment

Working...
                      X