Louisa's Story (in two parts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I wonder who those children are?"
    There are 3 households at no 25 for 1901 - the Caesars are one of them plus 2 families of Webbs:

1901 census - 25 Cumberland St, Pimlico

Frederick C Caesor Head Married Male 33 1868 Tailor St Giles, Middlesex, England
    Lydia L Caesor Wife Married Female 36 1865 Tailoress Somers Town, Middlesex, England
    Daisy G Caesor Daughter - Female 14 1887 - Clapham, Surrey, England
    Ruby L Caesor Daughter - Female 12 1889 - Battersea, Middlesex, England
    Frederick J A Caesor Son - Male 8 1893 - St James's, London, England
    Percy J E Caesor Son - Male 2 1899 - Pimlico, Middlesex, England
    Louisa E Caesor Mother Widow Female 68 1833 - London, Middlesex, England
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks, Kat, but I already have that information. Ruby was my grandmother and the photo of the children came from my great aunt Daisy's shoebox. I think my first task to solve the question is to decide when the photo was taken then see if I can find a set of children that matches the sex and approximate ages of the ones in the photo. The Caesar's had a lot of cousins in Surrey and I wondered if some had come to visit. I'm trying to look for reasons why the photo was taken too - it was no small thing to have pictures taken in those days.
      Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post

What a sad story, but how lucky to have been able to find out so much! And it shows how putting names out there might make a link, so here's one to try!!

I have a Sophia Caesar married to James Elkins (my 2nd cousin 5x removed) in 1847 Wrecclesham .... she died in 1849.
        Sophia doesn't appear to be in my tree..... Yet!
        Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

I suppose because I knew the story already I never bothered to get a death certificate for Louisa. When I was writing up her story recently I thought I should order it just for completeness really. And now I’m glad that I did as, although it tells me nothing new, it is worded in a way that makes it interesting. I wonder how I would have felt if I had ordered the certificate before I knew the rest of the story.
          F64F0AD0-C4A0-455E-8BA5-7EF408A143BF.jpeg

Comment

Working...
          X