Padlet ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padlet ....

..... a way of getting your work online. A bonus discovery from having schools closed and having to work online!

Thanks to the librarian at the school where my daughter works, I came across Padlets. It is intended as a school bulletin board and I wish I had had it when I was in the classroom!
    "Padlet is an application to create an online bulletin board that you can use to display information for any topic. Easily create an account and build a new board. You can add images, links, videos, columns for sorting or refining organization, and more. You can return to add more later. Installing Padlet Mini in your browser allows you to add the page you are browsing to your Padlet and gives you a shortcut to view your Padlets. Settings allow you to make your wall completely open for public contributions, completely private, or moderated by you (you approve all contributions before they show). Free accounts allow you to make 3 Padlets that include search, themes, stats, premium wallpapers, and cross-device support for uploaded videos. You can always delete an old Padlet to make a new one. This is a device-agnostic tool, available on the web but also available for free as both an Android and iOS app. Use it from any device or move between several devices and still access your work. App and web versions vary slightly."
    TeachersFirst

I have been experimenting with the features with the family historian i.e. us in mind.

One board is a collection of useful research links.

A second board is examples of different content including pictures, uploaded pdf documents, text boxes and website links.

I have used the third board for members' blogs and websites - these are just a few and I know there are more, so please add them to the thread and I will update the padlet.

There are different ways of laying out the padlet and a wide variety of backgrounds and colours so you can personalise it.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I thought that it would be useful for anyone who wants to get their writing online but wasn't sure about using blog sites or wordpress.

You can write your article in Word and then save it as a pdf and upload it. You could add a screenshot of a section of your tree or a picture to add to the board or as part of the article.

I have used random articles from the Online magazine, selected the text and saved them as pdfs, then uploaded them for the examples padlet.

I hope you will find it useful.
    Caroline
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

It is straightforward to use but here are some links which will get you up and running.

https://www.bookwidgets.com/blog/201...s-and-students

https://padlet.com/support - written for teachers but very handy videos

https://www.slideshare.net/simonaluf...-to-use-padlet
      Caroline

Comment

I wondered whether anyone has had a go at using Padlets?
        Caroline

Comment

I haven't yet Caroline. Have you linked this to your own Blog? I thought it might be useful and an interesting way to show for example something like your Family History Wall from a tab on own blog.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
            I haven't yet Caroline. Have you linked this to your own Blog? I thought it might be useful and an interesting way to show for example something like your Family History Wall from a tab on own blog.
            I haven't yet but thought it would be better than a list of links!!
            Caroline

Comment

I might try that later
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I logged in and got started - then couldn't think what to put in!
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
                X