Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Help for Philip Wright Chichester

Hi all
    I wish you a happy new year and a prosperous 2014. I have come up to a brick wall and need help in finding a birth or baptism certificate for my 4th great grandfather. the information that I have is as follows: Philip was born about 1750 (nothing is known about his parents as yet). According to his marriage certificate it states as follows:12/03/1777 marriage between Philip Wright from Burwash married Ann Hasler at Rumboldswhyke Parish Church, the witnesses were John Habin and Sarah Francies. I cannot find his Birth Certificate so I assume he was born in Burwash. East Sussex until I know further. Philip was the Verger of the Sub Deanery of St. Peter the Great, Chichester Cathedral, Sussex, England. He died sometime in 1808 and he is buried in what is called "Paradise" in the Cathedral Cloisters, his wife is also buried there. He lived in the Cathedral Close with his family, his wife Ann and their three children Ann, Philip and George.
    I would like to know who his parents were and where they were from if that is possible, your help will be much appreciated.

Regards
    Mike Wright

I had some credits here: http://prtsoc.frontisgroup.com/bin/index.php

Unfortunately, Burwash hasn't been transcribed yet but I established that Philip Wright does not appear anywhere that has been transcribed during the possible time frame of his birth.

I am guessing that you already have the baptism details for his children?
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I can't find him here either. : http://www.theweald.org/sitesearchs.asp
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
      X