Lowestoft records office please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Lowestoft records office please

Is anyone going there in the near future and could look at some records for me ?
    I am looking for the parents of Richard Rufus Boniwell who was born in Southwold, Suffolk 5th June 1809. He married Harriet Martin in 1831. I know there are records at Lowestoft as I have contacted them but they want £30 for an hours search and I can`t afford it and can`t visit as I live in Spain.
    Thanks

From Ancestry the marriage date appears to be 8 Dec 1831 in Southwold.

D

Comment

Originally posted by dermotdjt View Post
      From Ancestry the marriage date appears to be 8 Dec 1831 in Southwold.

D
      Yes, thanks Dermot, I have exhausted everything on Ancestry and now need Parish records.

Comment

Lyn,
        The marriage is shown on Family Search .. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NJNL-K9D

If you don't get a reply from anyone on here, it might be worth tryimg the FS photocopying service .. https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/...ation_Services
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          Lyn,
          The marriage is shown on Family Search .. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NJNL-K9D

If you don't get a reply from anyone on here, it might be worth tryimg the FS photocopying service .. https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/...ation_Services
          Thanks Elaine, does that mean that there would be more details on that original cert ?

Comment

Having had a look, I will be applying for that. I just didn`t think that there would be any more details than listed on Ancestry.
            Thanks Elaine, much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by LynSpain View Post
              Thanks Elaine, does that mean that there would be more details on that original cert ?
              As it is pre 1837 there wont be a certificate - the FamilySearch info will relate to the parish register. No idea if there will be any further info other than what's given on the transcription, but certainly worth a try!
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                As it is pre 1837 there wont be a certificate - the FamilySearch info will relate to the parish register. No idea if there will be any further info other than what's given on the transcription, but certainly worth a try!
                Thanks once again Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by LynSpain View Post
                  Is anyone going there in the near future and could look at some records for me ?
                  I am looking for the parents of Richard Rufus Boniwell who was born in Southwold, Suffolk 5th June 1809. He married Harriet Martin in 1831. I know there are records at Lowestoft as I have contacted them but they want £30 for an hours search and I can`t afford it and can`t visit as I live in Spain.
                  Thanks
                  Hi Lyn
                  It looks like your Richard Rufus Boniwell was a second son given that name as there was a Richard Rufus Boniwell age 3 days buried on 18th Jan 1808 at Wangford St. Peter. (near Southwold). I would imagine that your R R B was baptised at Wangford.
                  Not much help I know if you live in Spain.
                  I would have expected the burial to have shown up on Findmypast but for some reason it is not listed. The full entry may give the names of parents.
                  The data provider for Suffolk burials in the NBI is the Suffolk Family History Society & they also have a CD of Suffolk burials.
                  Suffolk Burial Index
                  Almost complete for the whole of the county. Contains all entry details in National Burial Index format plus those important margin notes. Click here to see a sample page.

Maybe a FTF member has a copy of this CD?
                  Moggie

http://www.suffolkfhs.co.uk/public.html

Comment

The SFHS is a group of keen amateur genealogists whose objectives are to promote and encourage the study of family history, genealogy, heraldry and local history with particular reference to Suffolk.

Hi Lyn
                    Not sure if this search service is available for non-members; I can't see anywhere on the page where it specifies members only.
                    Moggie

PS Only 2 other Boniwell burials at Wangford (1703-1900)
                    Sarah age 17 buried 24th July 1829
                    Richard age 54 buried 10th Oct 1832
                    Majority of Boniwell burials listed are at Laxfield
                    Last edited by maudarby; 16-07-13, 21:27.

Comment

Thank you Moggy, that is extremely helpful. I will contact the history society and see if they can find anything out for me. It isn`t normally too much of a problem being here, just a little bit difficult at times but generally record offices etc are quite good.
                      Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X