St Helens Cemetery, Prescot, Lancashire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cemetery: St Helens Cemetery, Prescot, Lancashire

I was wondering if anyone could help please, I am researching our family tree and 5 of our relatives are buried in this cemetery and if anyone could visit and find there graves and take pictures it would be most appreciated. I'm not sure what information you require but here are the names.

Jane Green - 1889 - Age 28 - 20951
    Mary Catherine Green - 1896 - Age 14 - 29291
    James Benjamin Green - 1896 - Age 38/39 - 29438
    James Benjamin Green (son) - 1899 - Age 17 - 33556
    Alice Moore - 1914 - Age 40ish - 53610

Many Thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 23-10-12, 19:15. Reason: added cemetery numbers

I can't help with your request as i'm not in the area.

I imagine this cemetery will be quite big so it would be helpful for anyone looking to post up the plot/grave numbers for those 5 people.
    Jay

Comment

Thanks for the info have amended post

Comment

Hi,

I live near to St.Helens have you ever obtained pictures. Cheers. Sue

Comment

Originally posted by shortie View Post
          Hi,

I live near to St.Helens have you ever obtained pictures. Cheers. Sue
          Thank you for your reply, no I haven't obtained pictures, all I have found out is that they may be buried in what is called a public grave. If you are able to help to obtain pictures for us it would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by oldengineer View Post
            I was wondering if anyone could help please, I am researching our family tree and 5 of our relatives are buried in this cemetery and if anyone could visit and find there graves and take pictures it would be most appreciated. I'm not sure what information you require but here are the names.

Many Thanks
            Hi, you can search the cemetary records through St. Helen's council, the website is

It is quite striahgtforard and you will get a page up with the grave section, number, if the grave was purchased or leased, and a list of the interments within the grave. I have found many of my mother's family in grave records and have printed them off and kept them in my files.
            Regards, Vonny.

Comment

Originally posted by Vonny North West View Post
              Hi, you can search the cemetary records through St. Helen's council, the website is

It is quite striahgtforard and you will get a page up with the grave section, number, if the grave was purchased or leased, and a list of the interments within the grave. I have found many of my mother's family in grave records and have printed them off and kept them in my files.
              Regards, Vonny.
              Hi Agin, I have checked out a couple of the graves for you and the graves weren't purchsed so there are quite a number of strangers buried together, in Mary Catherines grave there are another 7 buried with her, as this is obviously a public grave it might not have a headstone at all. Another site to look at to find headstones is this one
              http://www.gravestonephotos.com/public/findfamily this covers most of the ocuntry and if a headstone is there it will have been photographed by this website and a copy can be purchased.
              Regards,
              Vonny.

Comment

Many Thanks
                Hi, this website might be of interest, this group may be able to provide a map as to where the plots of your family actually are, it then then would be easier to find them, it is such a huge cemetary. http://www.friendsofsthelenscemetery.co.uk there are some lovely pictures to have a look at. You might be interested in this article http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/9...f_the_cemetery at the bottom of the article it provides a phone number and address for the friends of the cemetary.

Vonny

Comment

Many Thanks
                  Hi I have found this hand drawn map of St. Helens Cemetary which has the grave sections numbered. I have checked where the graves all your deceased are and the public graves are all situated in section 18 which is just up from the chapel marked on the map. This should make it a lot easier to find if someone is going to photograph the area for you. I'm sorry I am not able to cut and paste the map on this reply.

Vonny

Comment

Working...
                  X