Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone doing lookups for Overbury, Worc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick note to anyone reading this:

The County Hall branch of Worcestershire Record Office is currently closed during the first full week of each calendar month (Monday to Friday) in order to prepare for our move to the Hive in 2012. The office will be open on Saturdays as normal. Our History Centre branch will remain open as usual during this time. For further details please visit our website at http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms.../the-hive.aspx

As of Monday 14th November 2011, the County Hall branch will close permanently to allow for the movement of our archive collections to The Hive. We will reopen again at the Hive in July 2012.

For more information about our exciting new home and the facilities which will be available, please visit: www.TheHiveWorcester.org
    jood sadly died in November 2019.

Comment

Oh my goodness, glad you put this on here Jood as I was going to go on Wednesday! It might be easier to order the parish records and view them in Solihull Library.

BojaLu did you find the parish records came quickly? Would you do it again like that?

Comment

I was already registered with website FamilySsearch ,( older version ) but to order film online I had to re-register with new FamilySearch.
        Film arrived within 3 – 4 weeks. It may have taken this long as I was the first to order with new set up at Solihull.
        Film cost £7.50 and was held at Solihull Heritage & Archives for 3 months, so I was able to go through the whole film at my leisure and revisit too.

Records I had ordered were from a London Parish so time and money were saved.

Yes, It will definitely be my choice to view Parish Records at Solihull again in a nice friendly atmosphere.

Good Luck
        Bo

Comment

Luckily I had written to the Worc Office Min, and thought I should pass on the information about them closing.

Comment

I heard from the Worc Record Office at the same time Daphne made a long journey to photocopy the Will.

This will was proved on 2.12.1853. There is an accompanying administration, naming Mary Harris, spinster, as the surviving executrix named in the Will.

Mr Harris was given as a Shoemaker. The conditions of the will itself are quite lengthy. Put simply he leaves everything to his wife, Mary, during her life. At her death his property is divided between his daughter Mary Harris, his son Thomas Harris and his daughter Ann, with a provision that at her death, her share should go to his Granddaughter Harriet Johnson, and her heirs, to be given to her (Harriet), when she attained the age of 21, or be married. If this Harriet died without issue, then the property should be left to any heirs of Ann from her second marriage. On the death of these it would revert to his daughter Mary and son Thomas. The property seemed to mainly consist of 3 properties and a list of household belongings.

Not sure if I am allowed to attach the Will for all to read? Advice please.

Comment

How kind of Daphne

The will makes interesting reading, I've heard of this Thomas being a propriotor of houses before from my cousin who I'm hoping will contact me with a bit of help with the 'Marys'.

Comment

Not sure if I am allowed to attach the Will for all to read? Advice please
                I dont see why not Jood, though if you use the 'attach' function on here (the paperclip) then the actual image will be very small. If you use Photobucket that would give a greater size picture on here.
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie - here it is

Comment

I have just been re-reading this - and I cannot get into this site https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/9Q1Q-NM6/p4

Is anyone having the same problem?

Comment

I can't open this site either http://www.keystothepast.info/record...Removal+Orders

or this one

How about this https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/97WC-957/p4
                      wonder why?

Comment

Working...
                      X