Andrews Family from Nova Scotia and Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrews Family from Nova Scotia and Ireland

I am looking for any information, certificate's for births, deaths or marriages for the following members of our family tree that i haven't found in all my searches.
    i will start with my Great Great Grandfather ,

Henry Reid Andrews Borne 1790 in Antrim Ireland Married Elizabeth Killen in 1817 and he died around 1840.
    they had 6 children that i know about they were

James Miller 1824- 1898
    Martha 1829-1892
    Mary 1831-1875
    John Killen 1832-1898
    David 1835-1870
    William Henry 1836-1876

Next would be my Great Grandfather

John Killen Andrews born 1832 in Antrim Co. and married Janet Russell in 1854 , then he married Hannah Grono in 1860 and then married Priscilla Isenor in 1889 he died in 1898.
    they had 8 children that i know about they were.

Henry Reid 1861-?
    James Miller 1862-1957
    David John Miller 1863-1927
    Elizabeth Jane 1866-1868
    John 1870-1932
    William Robert 1870-1929
    Averil Killen 1893-1975
    Gladis Hazel 1896-?

Next would be my Grandfather

William Robert Andrews born 1870 in Brookfield Nova Scotia Canada he married Alice Gertrude in 1909 in Halifax Nova Scotia Canada and he died in 1929
    they had 4 children that i know about they were

Marjorie Hilda Osborne 1910- ?
    My Father - William Bruce Osborne Andrews 1911-1978
    James Stanley Reid 1913- ?
    Dorothy Jeanetta 1916- 1916

Any information might help me to further my family tree, my E-mail is xxxxxxxxx - please send a PM to contact Kenneth and also post what you find on here, to help others who may be searching. Caroline

Thank you all for any help you may have.

Kenneth William Andrews
    Last edited by Caroline; 16-01-22, 06:57.

Just caught a quick look at this before going to bed.
    A lot of it is too early for civil registration in Ireland so you will need to try searching the parish registers.
    A good site to start with is this one. Click here - Welcome to Irish Genealogy - Irish Genealogy
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 16-01-22, 00:15.

Comment

Farther to my post above , would there be any chance of finding records of some type for family members that didn't leave Ireland or gravesites ,
      James Miller was born in Glenwhirry and died there
      Martha was born in Glenwhirry and died there
      Mary was born in Glenwhirry and died there
      John Killen was born in Antrim Co. but immigrated to Canada and died there
      David was born in Glenwhirry but immigrated to Canada and died there
      William Henry was born in Glenwhirry and died in Reidstown
      Many of these i haven't found immigration records for as of yet

Comment

As mentioned above, civil registration for all births, marriages and deaths in Ireland only started in 1864. However, civil registration of Protestant marriages began in 1845 so:

1st Marriage of John Killeen Andrews to Janet Russell

Death of Mary Andrews 1875 brother William H Andrews was the informant

William Henry Andrews dies the following year 1876 - brother James M Andrews was the informant

i also found his marriage to Sarah Mahood in 1869

Death of Martha Andrews 1892 - brother James M Andrews was the informant

Have to go out now so will leave it there for now...

Christine

Researching:
        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Also found death of Elizabeth Killen Andrews in 1875
          https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy....25/7236478.pdf

and death of James Miller Andrews in 1898. He was a widower with a daughter Martha, informant
          Last edited by Karamazov; 16-01-22, 12:17.
          Researching:
          HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

James Miller Edwards married Sarah Walkingshaw in 1849

Researching:

Comment

More info about James Miller Andrews and Sarah Walkingshaw and their children:
              Glenwherry Presbyterian Churchyard - inscription

In Memory Of James M. Andrews Died 2nd June 1898. His Wife Sarah Died 23rd Nov. 1896, Their Children Henry Died 18th Feb. 1860, Sarah Died 2nd Sept. 1865, James Died 18th Oct. 1923, Interred Harrisburg Elizabeth Graham Died 26th Jan. 1924, Interred Antrim Martha Mc Elhinney Died 18th May 1931, Ellen Orr Died 26th Nov. 1936, Mary Died 22nd July 1946.
              Researching:

Comment

Rev Henry Reid Andrews left a diary which was still in the Andrews family’s possession in the 1920s, according to a newspaper article. I might be able to track that down if you want.
                Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

Hi all,

i am still busy trying to find out more about my family tree , i have made a little progress (( i think )) LOL,

I just thought i would shear this with you in case it might help anyone here find anything new for me.

Someone on (((( Ballymena , Co Antrim, Ulster Genealogy Group )))) found information i have been looking for about my G-G-Grandfather Henry Reid Andrews , he sent me a news clip from a paper called Ballymena observer 1922 saying Henry Reid Andrews was born in Portavo July 12th 1793 and in 1812 he took a MA degree and was licensed to preach in 1814 , and in another paper the Belfast Commercial Chronicle from 1835 states he died at the age of 40
                  perhaps someone here can find other things to add to this new info.
                  thank you

Comment

I have merged today's thread with your previous thread - please add to previous threads when they are about the same person/family, it makes life so much easier for those trying to help you if it is all kept together.
                    Caroline
                    Caroline's Family History Pages
                    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

thank you

Comment

I have just looked at the BritishNewspaperArchive.co.uk and there looks a few articles for him, but deaths and marriages of his family.

You can register and search the site for free, it might be worth doing for him. You can bookmark them all once logged in, and think you can take out 1 months sub and download the lot.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

thank you i will try that, hope you have a good day

Comment

Working...
                          X