bastardy bonds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bastardy bonds

Can I access bastardy bonds online or do I have to get in touch with the relevant county Records Office, does anyone know please?

Sorry I have no idea about the actual bond, but I have recently come across a court case on Ancestry, and also seen a report in the newspaper. So if you want to find some info worth a search on those, you may already have these.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

There used to be loads on the old A2A site. I think most were transferred to TNA but there you only get the title of the document and I assume you have to pay to access it in full.

OC

Comment

TNA are free at the moment due to the virus - so you might be lucky
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Bastardy Bonds are held at the appropriate Local Record Office not at the TNA.

You can search place and time period here and it will give the RO it's held at:

https://discovery.nationalarchives.g...bastardy+bonds
          Last edited by Katarzyna; 16-08-20, 13:45.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Yes, sorry, I was thinking of the detailed descriptions of the county records sets when they were on A2A. There was so much detail given in the description that you didn't need to access the actual bonds.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
              Yes, sorry, I was thinking of the detailed descriptions of the county records sets when they were on A2A. There was so much detail given in the description that you didn't need to access the actual bonds.

OC
              Yes, you're right, OC - they were really quite detailed. I really miss A2A for that. TNA is a pain to search. I don't use it enough to find my way around it very easily.
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks I am going through your suggestions.
                sunny r

Comment

Working...
                X