Monmouthshire Cemeteries - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cemetery: Monmouthshire Cemeteries - Ongoing

Now the weather is getting better I'll regularly be found wandering around a cemetery or two with the children in tow.. and happy to take photographs/transcribe grave stones (and if I can locate the sexton obtain a transcription of the burial register but this can be a little hit & miss depending on the cemetery).

Church Graveyards on my doorstep...

St Mary's Church, Caldicot - A larger cemetery I've not really looked around but more than willing to have a scout.
    St Mary's Church, Portskewett - A small and quaint churchyard with many 20th Century graves, unfortunately many of them have started to fade.
    St Mary's Church, Rogiet
    St Mary the Virgin, Magor
    St Peter, St Pierre
    St Stephen's & St Tathan's, Caerwent
    St Tewdric, Mathern
    St Thomas 'a' Beckett, Shirenewton

(There are others but I fear the list may get too long!) If you have another Church Graveyard within 10 miles of Caldicot please message me...

Municipal Cemeteries

Caldicot Cemetery
    Chepstow Municipal Cemetery - Old side & New side... The old side is a little hit & miss but the sexton is normally very accommodating.

Again if you have another cemetery within 10 miles of Caldicot please message me...

Other areas I visit fairly regularly include:

Blackwood
    Cwmbran
    Ebbw Vale

If you have any in these areas please message me, however depending on the location there could be a slight wait.

I don't suppose you ever visit Staunton, near Monmouth? Please don't make a special trip on my account, because I realise it isn't within 10 miles of you, but if you happen to be out that way, let me know, and I'll send you the details. I'm don't know if my people had a headstone, but they were fairly wealthy, and one of them was the vicar there, so I would imagine they did.

Mary

Comment

Hi Mary,

It's around 20 miles from me, and we are planning some day trips in that area during the summer holidays.. I would be more than happy to take a look for you!

Comment

Great, I'll drop you a PM

Comment

Working...
        X