X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It_Is_I_Leclerc
    replied
    Richard
    I found the following in the The first volume of the Marriage Registers of Cumberland, (Workington & Moresby) I don't know if they would be any help to you

L

Edward Chapelow [Chaplow], husbandman,
    & Mary Clementson ... ... 22 May 1780

John Clementson, of Whitehaven, p. St. Bees,
    & Sarah Sewel, of Parton ... ... 12 May 1754

Thos. Clementson, age 19, cabinet maker, p.
    St. Bees, & Jane Waddington, age 14,
    with consent of parents, lie. ... ... 26 Feb. 1797

George Bowe, age 27, hatter, p. Brigham, &
    Margaret Clementson, age 21, lie. ... 23 July 1811

Michael Clarke, age 20, mariner, of Whitehaven,
    p. St. Bees,& Nanny Clementson,
    age 23, lie. ... ... ... 20 Feb.1812

John Clementson, p. Westward, husbandman,
    & Elizabeth Tickle ... ... 29 July 1821

Joseph Clementson, p. St. Bees, & Hannah
    Adamson, lie. ... ... ... 25 Feb. 1828

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    No problem Anne, in no rush at all for the info. Hope you have a great Christmas!

Leave a comment:

• Anne in Carlisle
    replied
    Richard, sorry, Christmas got in the way and I haven't time to go to the Archive until after the hols. I'll be able to do a proper job for you then with no time pressure. Happy Christmas!
    Anne

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    Thanks Anne

Leave a comment:

• Anne in Carlisle
    replied
    OK, I'll see what I can see on CLEMETSONs in Isel. Hope to go next week

Anne

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    Hello Anne

Thank you for getting back to me.

Anything on them in Isel certainly would be appreciated. I have a shaky line of them there back to a Williamson Clemetson circa 1660, 3xg grandfather to mine (I think!). I imagine wilfrid's parents John and Hannah died there, as I have him on Baron Lawson's estate lists into his fifties, so even their burials would be fantastic.

Regards

Richard

Leave a comment:

• Anne in Carlisle
    replied
    Awww! Sadly it looks as though Whitehaven records are actually at Whitehaven, Richard. I will check at Carlisle next time I'm there because I have found (in other counties) that they duplicate the fiche for parish records in each of the county archives.

EDIT: I was wrong! There are microfilms at Carlisle for all of Cumberland. The website meant that the actual books for West Cumberland are kept at Whitehaven.

Isel records are kept at Carlisle, though if you weant those looking at.

Anne
    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 19-01-12, 12:54.

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    Hello Anne

I am researching the Clemetson/Clementson family of Cumberland

My 4x great grandfather was Williamson Clemetson, born in Parton, Moresby Parish, Cumberland 1791. His parents were Wilfrid Clemetson, a Butcher and Gentleman Inn Keeper in Whitehaven, and Margaret Stamper. Wilfrid moved to Parton around 1782, from his birth parish, Sunderland, Isel Parish, Cumberland, where he was born 1744 to John Clemetson a linen weaver, and tennant on Baron Lawton's estates, and his wife Hannah Fisher.

Anything you could find on them would be much appreciated, specifically, I am missing death/burial records for any of them. Margaret I know must have died around 1805, because Wilfrid applied for admin on her estate in 1811 by which time she is described as 'being dead six years'. He was also listed in the 'Notable inhabitants of Whitehaven' that same year. No trace of him after that date though.

No rush on any of this, but any help you can provide would be very welcome.

Regards

Richard

Leave a comment:

• Carlisle and Cumberland lookups offered

I've just paid my first visit to the new Carlisle Archives. A wonderful new building attached to an attractive old house. So much improved from the previous cramped conditions at Carlisle Castle.

I am happy to do any research there for anyone. I don't have any family of my own from Cumberland. I need excuses to continue visiting!

Anne
Working...
X