Record Office Exeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosy -
    I'm waiting for one more cert, then I'll let you know the details of my latest queries!
    sarah

Comment

Vic. Unfortunately I was still unable to find anything for John Loveridge and Laetitia Goldsworthy in Sowton or Clyst st Mary. Neither could I find Charles birth/baptism., despite looking through the whole of the records for Sowton from about 1700..I went out to Sowton Village on saturday but couldn't find any gravestones with either Loveridge or Goldsworthy on them. I spoke with the treasurer of the Village Hall who lives opposite the church and he gave me the Church Wardens telephone number, I plan to ring him to see if they keep any records in the vestry. If they do I will go out again. ( I am going out there anyway to take some pictures of some cottages for someone else on the forum) Couldn't find a marriage for Richard Raymond and Laetitia , was the RR that died in 1869 Laetitia's husband, he died in Crediton district?
      Will keep looking
      rosy

Comment

Thanks, Rosy. You really are going above and beyond the call of duty!

I obtained details of Charles Loveridge's baptism from Family Search. Strange that you could not find it.

The "Devon Wills Project" has record of the grant of Admon to Letitia, of Exeter, widow of John Loveridge, of Clyst St Mary, in 1825.

IGI has a Letitia Loveridge/William Westcott marriage - St George Exeter 14 Oct 1826. If this is the same Letitia, it further muddies the waters.

Richard Raymond was from Sidbury. If he married Letitia there then I think we may be at a dead end as I understand marriage registers for that period were destroyed in a flood. According to RR's will, dated September 1834, by which time he was married to Letitia, he died on 29 January 1836 (late of Sidbury)

Vic
        Last edited by brentor boy; 05-10-11, 08:47.

Comment

Working...
        X