Bucks RO Lookups - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FamilyHistoryStories View Post
    Oh wow, thank you so much. I'm just heading to bed now but will digest the info properly tomorrow.

Thank you so much Glen!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?peqdnm
    Happy to be of assistance.
    Glen

Comment

• Dear Glen,

I just came across this thread and I thought I might take advantage of your kind and generous offer. I am looking for information on the marriage of Richard HERBERT and Ann. As far as I'm aware they had 4 children (although there's quite a gap between the births): William, chr. 2 Oct 1785, Edlesborough; Thomas, chr. 27 Apr 1788, Edlesborough; Mary, chr. 26 Jun 1791, Edlesborough and Charlotte, chr. 9 Aug 1801, Edlesborough. I realise that it's possible that they married in Bedfordshire (Eaton Bray) because of it being close by and the fact that they had family connections there.

Thanks very much,
      - Lucia

Originally posted by Len of the Chilterns
      Politicians are like babies nappies.

They should be changed regularly . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . for the same reason.

Comment

• Hi Lucia,

I'm busy for the next couple of weeks so it probably won't be until after Easter but I'll see what I can dig up. Watch this space!
        Glen

Comment

• Hi Glen,

I've just contacted you through a PM but it appears you prefer me to post this way.

Basically, are there any marriages for the Major family of Soulbury? I have got most of the births and deaths but not many marriages - I sent you a link to my tree a few weeks ago so you can look at that for names rather than me taking up all the space on this thread. If you need any more details though, please ask.

Also, are there any gamekeepers records at the archives? In 1901, James Walby was the assistant gamekeeper at Park Wood, Great Missenden. Can anything be found about him?

Thank you.

Jack

Comment

• Hi Jack,

I probably won't be going in for several weeks as I have a lot on at the moment. When I do I'll post a message on 'Research' to let everyone know I've been.
            Glen

Comment

• Hi Glen,

Could I take advantage of your generous offer please?

I have 3 baptisms from FamilySearch and I'd love to know if there's any more information (eg father's job) on the original records. They are from Amersham, parents William and Keziah EDMONDS:

Sophia Edmonds bap 28 Jan 1791
              William Edmonds bap 7 May 1792
              Charlotte Edmonds bap 7 Jun 1793

It would also be useful to know if there are burials for any of them before 1796 (when I believe the family had moved to Streatham, London), but only if you have time.

Many thanks.

Comment

• I'll do that for you Lindsay when I'm next in the RO, probably towards the end of the month.
                Glen

Comment

• Lucia, Jack & Lindsay. As it's been so long, I have replied by PM.
                  Glen

Comment

• hi if you still do look ups i am in need of your help? i was wondering if the record office had railway records as our ancestor worked for them (as a coach painter) then he was a house painter. his name was john sephton /sefton born 1819 liverpool moved to bucks in the 1850,s died 1895 in the workhouse yardley gobion.
                    i was hopeing it could have any info on it about the whereabouts in liverpool he was from?
                    as i have hit a brickwall with him for over 3 yrs now, any help appreciated. x

Comment

• Originally posted by cherel1 View Post
                      hi if you still do look ups i am in need of your help? i was wondering if the record office had railway records as our ancestor worked for them (as a coach painter) then he was a house painter. his name was john sephton /sefton born 1819 liverpool moved to bucks in the 1850,s died 1895 in the workhouse yardley gobion.
                      i was hopeing it could have any info on it about the whereabouts in liverpool he was from?
                      as i have hit a brickwall with him for over 3 yrs now, any help appreciated. x
                      I think the best thing (for me) is to contact the Record Office & ask the question. If the answer is in the affirmative then I can go in & see what I can find. Am PMing you their email.
                      Glen

Comment

• with thanks x

Comment

• Hello!
                          How are you related to Richard Buzzell?
                          He is my Great Great Great Grandfather.

Thank you for making the enquiry to Glen.
                          It helps me a lot as you can appreciate - I reached the same hurdles as you on Ancestry.com with the family in Buckinghamshire before they moved to London.

Have you managed to go back any further than Richard Bussell and Hannah Taylor?
                          Have you established how the other William Buzzel, who married Sophia Eaden is related to us?
                          Is he Richard Bussell's nephew, perhaps?

Kind regards,

Colin Day

Comment

• Hi Glen, hope you are keeping well in this horrible cold weather. After a bit of a break I've been doing a bit more digging into my husband's family.

His 3x great grandparents John WILLIAMS and Rachel BATES married in Bledlow in 1830. I believe this John was the son of John WILLIAMS and Sarah TAPPIN who married in Bledlow in 1792. I have a transcript of their marriage which suggests John was living in Towersey at the time of their marriage.

I've had a look at various sites and come up with a possible baptism for this John WILLIAMS in Aston Sandford on 10 October 1773 (logic being that Aston Sandford is not a million miles from Towersey). If you get a chance next time you are in the records office, would you mind looking this one up for me to see if parents are named? The timing feels ok for him to have been baptised in 1773 and married in 1792, but both John and Williams are sadly pretty common.

I've also struggled to get any further with Rachel WILLIAMS nee BATES, censuses suggest she was born ca. 1806 in Henton (some say Chinnor), she died in 1884. I'm not sure if you've got access to any Oxfordshire records from the bordering villages at the Bucks record office, don't worry if not.

Have had an enjoyable day or two tying myself in knots with various Wests and Easts in Bledlow / Risborough, a whole other story ...

Thank you in advance

Helen

Comment

• Hi Helen,

I haven't been on here much recently as I'm having a real bash at one of my Norfolk ancestors. I don't go to the RO regularly any more as requests dried up but I'm still happy to do them when I can. Basically I'm waiting for more predictable weather so that I can walk in from my daughter's. Hopefully the next couple of weeks will bring some & then I'll do it.
                              Glen

Comment

• John WILLIAMS Aston Sandford

Hi Helen,

This certainly looks promising although I see there are a couple at Monks who might be a better fit if Sarah TAPPIN is the one baptised at Bledlow in 1769.

However I didn't look at those. The WILLIAMS of Aston Sandford disappear from that register by 1810.

John s Richard/Ann 10/10/1773 siblings Richard, Thomas, William, Mary, Sarah, Ann & Susanna.
                                Richard bur. 25/3/1793

Richard WILLIAMS Farmer m Ann GIBSON of Haddenham Banns 15/5/1769 Wit: Thomas GIBSON Elizabeth DOVER All signed.

Richard s Thomas/Elizabeth b. 19/5 bap. 7/6/1747 siblings Thomas, Elizabeth, Samuel, William, Sarah, John, Mary & Susanna.
                                Thomas Husbandman bur. 7/8/1758
                                Elizabeth Widow bur. 24/10/1767

Thomas s Samuel/Elizabeth 10/2/1710 siblings Samuel & Elizabeth.
                                Elizabeth wife Samuel bur.30/6/1712.
                                Samuel of Bigstrope bur. 25/3/1756

Samuel WILLIAMS m. Elizabeth WILLIAMS 17/10/1705

Have more details of siblings if you think this is the correct family.
                                Glen

Comment

• Forgot to say, Bucks only have a few bits for Oxon & nothing for the relevant area.
                                  Glen

Comment

• Hi Glen, thank you very much for your help. I will do a bit more digging and see if the Aston Sandford family feels right. Thanks again, Helen

Comment

• Hi Glen, sorry, just to let you know I am pretty sure my Sarah Tappin is the one baptised at Bledlow in 1769 (daughter of Joseph Tappin and Letitia/Laetitia nee Beckley), so maybe the Monks Risborough Williams might be better, not sure why you think this, let me know when you get a chance, don't worry if you can't get back to me quickly, none of these people are going anywhere :-) Helen

Comment

• Hi Glen,

Can I ask for a look-up when you have a minute?

I'm interested in the baptism of Mary Bates in Leckhamstead on 3rd September 1797. According to Familysearch, her parents are George and Penelope. However, there are a load of other baptisms in Leckhampstead around the same time to George and Eleanor Bates, and no others to George and Penelope, so I'm wondering if Penelope is a mistranscription, especially as I can't find a marriage for George and Penelope, but there's a convenient marriage for George Bates and Eleanor Durrant in 1792.

No rush at all, just if and when you have time.

Mary

Comment

• Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                                          Hi Glen,

Can I ask for a look-up when you have a minute?

I'm interested in the baptism of Mary Bates in Leckhamstead on 3rd September 1797. According to Familysearch, her parents are George and Penelope. However, there are a load of other baptisms in Leckhampstead around the same time to George and Eleanor Bates, and no others to George and Penelope, so I'm wondering if Penelope is a mistranscription, especially as I can't find a marriage for George and Penelope, but there's a convenient marriage for George Bates and Eleanor Durrant in 1792.

No rush at all, just if and when you have time.

Mary
                                          Hi Mary,

I'm off to Suffolk & Norfolk on a research trip in week or so & then to Ireland so hopefully at the end of September. Don't hold your breath though as I see I still haven't done the follow up for Helen from April!!
                                          Glen

Comment

Working...
                                          X