Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
    Hi Glen

Could I ask a favour please? Next time it's convenient I would be grateful if you could have a look to see if you can find the birth of an Alfred Graham who states that he was born c 1843 in Fenny Stratford but neither I nor Elaine can find any sign of him. He also states at marriage that his father was Daniel, though I'm not sure I believe him
    Sorry Chrissie, no luck. The only entry for Alfred GRAHAM on the database was that for the 1881 Census & the only Daniel was a burial in Woolstone in 1726.

I checked the register just in case but of course nothing. In fact the surname GRAHAM is not at all common in Bucks.
    Glen

Comment

• Thank you so much Glen, I really appreciate that you looked for me
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helen in Bucks View Post
        Glen, what a great offer, thank you in advance.

If it isn't too much trouble please could you look up a baptism record in Bledlow for Daniel BUTLER, born around 1797 according to census info.

I've tried to see if the Bledlow registers are available on CD but haven't had any luck so far.

Thank you, Helen
        There's a not quite complete transcript of the Bledlow registers free online at www.*lanchbury.*id.*au/*genealogy/*bledlow1500.*html Transcript by Dexter Eustis, hosted by May Lanchbury. Also 1841 census transcripts of some Bucks parishes, by someone who I'm too modest to name.

Comment

• For Jean

Bucks look up

From the latest free offer from ancestry, I may have found a chink in one of my brickwalls and wondered if there were anymore details from eg newspapers, that you may be able to find for me. The image gives no more information than the info below.

England & Wales, Criminal Registers, 1791-1892 about Byam Gibbons
          Name: Byam Gibbons
          Date of Trial: Epiphany 1832
          Trial Year: 1832
          Location of Trial: Buckinghamshire, England
          Sentence: Acquittal

If he is my 3xgrandfather then he was born c1804 middlesex and in 1851 he was living in Islington, which is all I know.

Thank you in anticipation.

Jean
          Glen

Comment

• Hi Glen, is it possible for you to look for the baptisms of the children of Ralph & Mary Pusey/Puzey. I have one son, Nathaniel who was baptised 1808/9 in Penn, Bucks.

Also the baptisms of children of Nathaniel and Dorothy Pusey/Puzey. I have one son, Nathaniel born c 1729 possibley Hedgerley.

Also do you know where I could find information on a prison sentance for Nathaniel Pusey/Puzey in 1820 in Taplow. He was apparantly sentenced to 1 years hard labour for poaching.

Many thanks
            Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
              Hi Glen, is it possible for you to look for the baptisms of the children of Ralph & Mary Pusey/Puzey. I have one son, Nathaniel who was baptised 1808/9 in Penn, Bucks.

Also the baptisms of children of Nathaniel and Dorothy Pusey/Puzey. I have one son, Nathaniel born c 1729 possibley Hedgerley.

Also do you know where I could find information on a prison sentance for Nathaniel Pusey/Puzey in 1820 in Taplow. He was apparantly sentenced to 1 years hard labour for poaching.

Many thanks
              Hi Wendy,

Will see what I can do but it's won't be for at least 3 weeks as I can't drive until then.
              Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                For Jean

Bucks look up

From the latest free offer from ancestry, I may have found a chink in one of my brickwalls and wondered if there were anymore details from eg newspapers, that you may be able to find for me. The image gives no more information than the info below.

England & Wales, Criminal Registers, 1791-1892 about Byam Gibbons
                Name: Byam Gibbons
                Date of Trial: Epiphany 1832
                Trial Year: 1832
                Location of Trial: Buckinghamshire, England
                Sentence: Acquittal

If he is my 3xgrandfather then he was born c1804 middlesex and in 1851 he was living in Islington, which is all I know.

Thank you in anticipation.

Jean
                Unfortunately the newspaper article, in common with most at that time, only gives details of the trial; there is no personal detail at all. If you want a copy of the article send me your email.
                Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                  Hi Glen, is it possible for you to look for the baptisms of the children of Ralph & Mary Pusey/Puzey. I have one son, Nathaniel who was baptised 1808/9 in Penn, Bucks.

Many thanks
                  Sorry Wendy I misread your request & only looked in Penn & Hedgerley. There were several PUSEY families in Penn but there were no baptisms to Ralph & Mary not even Nathaniel.

In Hedgerley the only baptism to Nathaniel & Dorothy was a Zachariah 25/9/1738, although there was a Nathaniel & Elizabeth baptising children in the 1740s/50s.

The local newspapers don't start until 1829 so no go there. I did try to find him on Ancestry to see if he was tried QS or Assizes but couldn't find him. If he was tried QS I can have another go in the New Year - where did you find the info.? I'll also have another attempt at the children then too.
                  Glen

Comment

• Hi

Thank you very much for looking. I will pm you with my email address.
                    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

• Hi,
                      I'm trying to find a birth/christening/marriage for James Bowles (Boell). I think he was born in Worminghall about 1807. He married Elizabeth (born c. 1814 Ickford). I have picked them up in 1841-1871 census, living in the Kensal New Town/Chelsea Middlesex area. Any help would be much appreciated!

Nicky

Comment

• Originally posted by Meddling View Post
                        Hi,
                        I'm trying to find a birth/christening/marriage for James Bowles (Boell). I think he was born in Worminghall about 1807. He married Elizabeth (born c. 1814 Ickford). I have picked them up in 1841-1871 census, living in the Kensal New Town/Chelsea Middlesex area. Any help would be much appreciated!

Nicky
                        I normally check for requests quite regularly but missed yours. Haven't decided when I'm next visiting the RO yet but when I do my reply will appear here. I shall also leave a message on the Family Research Forum to say that I've done it.
                        Glen

Comment

• Glen,

Thank you! It would be great to break through one of many brick walls!

Nicky

Comment

Glen,

Thank you! It would be great to break through one of many brick walls!

Nicky
                            I think we'll be able to do that. I had a spare ½ hr on my car parking this morning so thought I'd pop in to the RO. Good news.

Worminghall Bapt.
                            James BOWELL s. John/Hannah 16/7/1809

As I was short on time I whizzed through the rest of that film. James has quite a few siblings & I also found the Banns for his marriage & thus his wife's name .

The banns for James BOWELL of Worminghall & Elizabeth TOMKINS of Ickford were read 29/12/1829, 3/1/1830 & 10/1/1830. The marriage probably took place in Ickford although I didn't have time to check. The database showed a baptism for Elizabeth in 1813 which is probably her & a marriage for John BOWELL in 1801 which is probably for James' parents. Hopefully I'll be able to go back another couple of generations.

I really need 3 or 4 hours so I'll let you know when I can do it.
                            Glen

Comment

• Wow! Thank you so much for that - it has been driving us wild for ages! My other half (whose family this is) would really like to go and search through the records some time but has never done it before and doesn't know where to start. I don't suppose you could show him the ropes some time?

Nicky

Comment

Wow! Thank you so much for that - it has been driving us wild for ages! My other half (whose family this is) would really like to go and search through the records some time but has never done it before and doesn't know where to start. I don't suppose you could show him the ropes some time?

Nicky
                                No problem, I could do that. PM me with your email address & we can discuss it off forum.
                                Glen

Comment

• Hi Glen,

I think I'm ready to take you up on that lovely offer of help with my Bucks family...

I found a will online and think it could be my family... names add up etc... but need to confirm.

I'm afraid it'll be a little bit of a long one... and I've gathered the information from various sources so it is all what I think I know.

My 8x great grandfather, George Osborne, settled in Towcester, Northants in 1826. The same source gives his baptism in Stoke Goldington on 31st May 1702. The source also shows his brother, Thomas, being baptised on 25 December 1704 in Stoke Goldington.

The parents of these two boys are George Osborne and Elizabeth Warren.. However, the source is lacking a marriage date which is why I am sort of taking her maiden name with a pinch of salt.

Now we go for the will.... The will is that of Francis Warren, proved on 24th April 1706. In it he names his three daughters as Joane and Mary Warren and Elizabeth Osborne, married to George Osborne.
                                  He names his father as William Warren and leaves a bible that belonged to his father to his grandson Francis Osborne.

So, I know it's a big ask and I am not in any rush because they aren't really going anywhere but I would like to be able to tie them all together.

I would like (if possible)

1) Confirmation that George, Thomas and Francis are brothers and the son's of George and Elizabeth.
                                  2) Francis' baptism date
                                  3) If there are any other siblings
                                  4) A marriage date for George and Elizabeth

If we could tie the loose ends with this little family unit that would be fab.

There is much more I would like to know but don't really want to ask for too much at once.

Comment

• Hi Beth,

Hopefully I'll be able to give you something in the next week or so.
                                    Last edited by Oakum Picker; 14-03-12, 16:07.
                                    Glen

Comment

• Thank you so much, but please don't go out of your way for me... They aren't going anywhere..

Comment

• Originally posted by FamilyHistoryStories View Post
                                        Hi Glen,

I think I'm ready to take you up on that lovely offer of help with my Bucks family...

I found a will online and think it could be my family... names add up etc... but need to confirm.

I'm afraid it'll be a little bit of a long one... and I've gathered the information from various sources so it is all what I think I know.

My 8x great grandfather, George Osborne, settled in Towcester, Northants in 1826. The same source gives his baptism in Stoke Goldington on 31st May 1702. The source also shows his brother, Thomas, being baptised on 25 December 1704 in Stoke Goldington.

The parents of these two boys are George Osborne and Elizabeth Warren.. However, the source is lacking a marriage date which is why I am sort of taking her maiden name with a pinch of salt.

Now we go for the will.... The will is that of Francis Warren, proved on 24th April 1706. In it he names his three daughters as Joane and Mary Warren and Elizabeth Osborne, married to George Osborne.
                                        He names his father as William Warren and leaves a bible that belonged to his father to his grandson Francis Osborne.

So, I know it's a big ask and I am not in any rush because they aren't really going anywhere but I would like to be able to tie them all together.

I would like (if possible)

1) Confirmation that George, Thomas and Francis are brothers and the son's of George and Elizabeth.
                                        2) Francis' baptism date
                                        3) If there are any other siblings
                                        4) A marriage date for George and Elizabeth

If we could tie the loose ends with this little family unit that would be fab.

There is much more I would like to know but don't really want to ask for too much at once.
                                        I was able to search through the SG PRs & BTs yesterday. I started at 1715 & worked backwards. About 30 yrs were missing from the PRs in the early 1600s & both sets were written in Old English during the 1600s & in places were illegible. However someone has done far better than I could extracting those records on the IGI. Before I went I made a note of the relevant entries on the IGI & even knowing the dates it sometimes took me several minutes to find them.

I can confirm 4)

Stoke Goldington
                                        George OSBORN & Elizabeth WARREN were married 16/4/1691

I can confirm 1,2,3)

Stoke Goldington
                                        Parents George & Elizabeth OSBORN
                                        Francis 21/6/1693
                                        Elizabeth 1/6/1696
                                        William 14/5/1699 born 9/5/1699
                                        George 31/5/1702 born 9/5/1702
                                        Thomas 25/12/1704
                                        Warren 4/4/1708
                                        John 6/7/1712 Shopkeeper

I then looked for the WARRENs. Unfortunately I could find no baptism for Elizabeth but did find the following which supports the info. in the will.

All Stoke Goldington
                                        Francis WARREN & Joane HOW were married 28/9/1668
                                        William 19/2/1671 - 21/1/1677
                                        Hannah 6/2/1675
                                        William 25/7/1678
                                        Joane 10/7/1681
                                        Mary 27/10/1683
                                        Anne 14/6/1685 - 9/2/1686
                                        Francis 12/12/1686 - 9/2/1687

There was also a Thomas s. Francis/couldn't read 25/4/1669 but a Thomas s. Francis/Alice was buried 25/4/1691 so was probably him.
                                        That couple also had Francis 15/9/1667, Estall 28/12/1672.

There was only one Francis baptism which was probably of the above s. Estall/Mary 6/12/1634

A William WARREN m. Ann WOOTTON ?/2/1626 & had the following children Mary 1628, 1635 & William 1638 but as I said this was the period missing from the PRs & very difficult to read on the BTs.

There was also:
                                        Jone wife of Francis WARREN bur. 3/2/1688

The records from the 1500s are very clear including Francis WARREN 30/4/1587 in case you ever bridge the gap.

Someone was hogging the database so I couldn't use it but there may be more leads on there.
                                        Glen

Comment

• Oh wow, thank you so much. I'm just heading to bed now but will digest the info properly tomorrow.

Thank you so much Glen!
                                          Last edited by FamilyHistoryStories; 18-03-12, 18:33.

Comment

Working...
                                          X