Suffolk RO Lookups - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Suffolk RO Lookups - Ongoing

I find I may have more opportunities to visit Lowestoft RO so have decided to offer an ongoing lookup service.

Add your requests to this thread but I do ask once again that they be fairly specific & give as much detail as possible. I'll always try to go the extra mile.

It will have to be mainly PR lookups unless the original documents are kept in Lowestoft. I shall still be visiting Ipswich 3 times a year but these may take longer as I don't go Oct- Mar.

I'll attempt each one in the order that I receive it.
    Glen

That's very kind of you Glen, just wish that some of my lot were in your area.

Comment

I'm not likely to get there myself and appreciate the help you give. Following the information on my Balls family, can you please check the baptism of Samuel bc 1782 Worlingham and his wife Martha Howe, who, according to the census, was born Middleton circa 1775.
      Thank you (again) Glen.
      Jenny

Comment

Hi Glen,

Would it be possible to see if there is a marriage for Francis Blundell (or derivatives) and Elizabeth c1770 Rattlesden. I think that George which you found for me was one of the older children so I would guess that the marriage would be around this time.

Thanks, Sandra

Comment

Jenny & Sandra,

I'll look into those, probably towards the end of the month.
          Glen

Comment

Bumped for Malcolm
            Glen

Comment

Hi Glen, this is very kind of you to have an ongoing lookup for Suffolk Records Office.

On the last lookup you did for me you mentioned that.

Thomas SIMPER marries Lydia MARKWELL in Battisford in 1755 & go on to baptize 4 more children there between 1758-68.

Can you see if there is a marriage record for Thomas Simper and Lydia Markwell?

The children I have been given for them born in Battisford are Richard (1758-1761), John (1762-1762) and William (1765-1766). I’m not sure of the birth & death dates, can you check the dates please.

On one of the removal orders you found it mentions “For the REMOVAL of Thomas Simper, labourer, Lydia his wife, Lydia their daughter aged 21 yrs, and Poll their daughter aged 8 yrs, of Pakenham, now inhabiting the parish of Barking. May 7.” Can you see if there is anything on the two daughters?

Are there reference numbers for the two removal orders you found and can you tell me how I go about ordering them from Suffolk Records Office.

Thanks again
              Malcolm
              Last edited by MalcolmES; 09-08-09, 00:35. Reason: I left out one of the names. “William”

Comment

Malcolm,

Here are the doc. refs.
                ORDER FL614/2368/7/16/32 1781
                Contents:
                For the REMOVAL of Sarah Simper, wife of Thomas Simper, junr., of Pakenham, and Thomas their son, now inhabiting the parish of Battisford.
                November 16

ORDER FL614/2368/7/16/31 1781
                Contents:
                For the REMOVAL of Thomas Simper, labourer, Lydia his wife, Lydia their daughter aged 21 yrs, and Poll their daughter aged 8 yrs, of Pakenham, now inhabiting the parish of Barking.
                May 7

And here's the Email: bury.ro@suffolk.gov.uk

They'll be able to tell you what you need to know. I'll check the other items for you.
                Glen

Comment

Thanks Glen I will go ahead and order the removal orders, then I will probably have more questions lol.:D

Malcolm

Comment

Wondered if you could find anything further on the Chandlers for me Glen?

Reason I ask is because what you got me off Suffolk RO is Brilliant but having looked at LDS, the Chandler's on there appear to be a generation further back, so possibly not my William's parents and sibs but may be grandparents.
                    It's all going to take some configuring.

So I thought it may proove useful to see if we could discover the names of the children of the previously mentioned children of Jonathan & Elizabeth i.e,

John Chandler & Rose Daniels married about 1780 Any children for them from 1780 onwards.

Edmund Chandler & Mary Morling married 1782 Their children from this date.

Henry Chandler & Mary Tovell married 1791. Their children from this date.

Samuel Chandler & Mary Betts married 1784. Their children from this date.

I believe you said they all had families in Cratfield Glen.

If you could find these for me Glen it may help to slot them all into place better.

Big order I know but won't mind when/however you can manage that Glen.

Many thanks in advance.:o
                    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen~Ealogy View Post
                      Wondered if you could find anything further on the Chandlers for me Glen?

Reason I ask is because what you got me off Suffolk RO is Brilliant but having looked at LDS, the Chandler's on there appear to be a generation further back, so possibly not my William's parents and sibs but may be grandparents.
                      It's all going to take some configuring.

So I thought it may proove useful to see if we could discover the names of the children of the previously mentioned children of Jonathan & Elizabeth i.e,

John Chandler & Rose Daniels married about 1780 Any children for them from 1780 onwards.

Edmund Chandler & Mary Morling married 1782 Their children from this date.

Henry Chandler & Mary Tovell married 1791. Their children from this date.

Samuel Chandler & Mary Betts married 1784. Their children from this date.

I believe you said they all had families in Cratfield Glen.

If you could find these for me Glen it may help to slot them all into place better.

Big order I know but won't mind when/however you can manage that Glen.

Many thanks in advance.:o
                      Your William's parents are Jonathan CHANDLER & Elizabeth WHITE m. 1797.

The other details I gave from Cratfield, I believe show Jonathan's baptism (1762) & that of his siblings to John & Elizabeth.

Now I have no absolute proof of this, only that Jonathan (1762) was not buried in Cratfield nor married or had a family there so quite possibly moved to Leiston. Also that Peter CHANDLER was a witness at Jonathan's wedding & Jonathan (1762) had a brother Peter.

There are hundreds of parishes which haven't been viewed so there may be other Jonathans as candidates.

I do have some of the 'siblings' children - I'll send what I have after dinner.
                      Last edited by Oakum Picker; 12-08-09, 18:47.
                      Glen

Comment

Hi Jen,

John & Rose
                        Edward/Edmund 1781
                        John 1783
                        Henry 1786
                        Bathsheba 1789?

Edmund & Mary
                        Edmund 1783
                        John 1785
                        Henry 1787
                        Sarah 1789?

Samuel & Mary
                        Mary 1785
                        Rose 1787
                        Edmund 1790
                        E/Amelia 1792
                        William 1794

Henry & Mary didn't have children in Cratfield.
                        Last edited by Oakum Picker; 12-08-09, 18:45. Reason: Pressed wrong key
                        Glen

Comment

Thanks for that Glen, I am trusting your info as its coming directly from source so will put a hold on LDS info for now as it may be u nreliable.
                          Jen

Comment

Which LDS info. are you referring to?
                            Glen

Comment

The following is listed on LDS as children of Jonathan & Elizabeths children Glen.......

Henry Bap 7/3/1756
                              Samuel Bap 17/2/1758
                              Elizabeth bap 2/12/1759
                              Jonathan bap 16/5/1762
                              William bap 22/4/1764
                              Thomas bap 14/9/1766
                              Rose bap 20/4/1778

Many of the same family names but years apart.......
                              All under Batch no. CO62922 Dates 1539-1812 F 6900891

Don't know if you can see why I'm confused Glen although I know this info is not always correct.

Unless these are Jonathan born 1762's parents and siblings?
                              Last edited by Jen~Ealogy; 12-08-09, 19:35.
                              Jen

Comment

Harison COCK (a maybe)

Hello

Thank you for your kind offer.

Since all I know about Harison's PoB is that he was not born in Middx, my request isn't so much for a look-up, as for an "if you notice anything".

Har(r)is(s)on COCK was b 1784-5 not in Middx [using 1841 and his death D-cert Sep 1850]

His father was Thomas COCK, a musician [M-cert Jun 1841]. I did find this possibility for Thomas here:
                                1841HO107-1013-5fo10p4: age 75+; Street, Barningham, SFK
                                He has a wife (presumably) Hannah.

I shall have another try in Seax, in case Essex is his home ground. there are some plausible-looking records there, I believe. The family ends up in the SW - where COCK is not unusual - but I don't know whether that's because there was family there, or just because that's where the Navy took them.

Another FHS (I think) record I found was this:
                                Charles Harrison COCK Date of Birth or Bap – Age – Parish Lt Wratting, SFK Alt. – Where found Coggeshall, ESS Ref – Notes mar Lydia Unwin 5 Aug 1795 by lic

Christine
                                Last edited by Christine in Herts; 12-08-09, 20:25.
                                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Glen

Sorry but its me again with my Wroots.

To refresh, I have Rose, Sarah and Mary Wroots that I think could be sisters. I have found the deaths for Rose and Sarah but Mary married Samuel Clutton and found her on 1851 census with her born in Worlingworth.

2 years ago I went to stay with a distant cousin in Suffolk and she took me to Tannington looking for headstones for the Wroots but found nothing (we had reason to believe some had died there).

Worlingworth is the next village so could you please do bap records for both Tannington and Worlingworth.

Looking on the IGI there are a lot of Roots so perhaps it will be spelt that way.

Really grateful for all these look ups and thanks again.
                                  Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Jen~Ealogy View Post
                                    The following is listed on LDS as children of Jonathan & Elizabeths children Glen.......

Henry Bap 7/3/1756
                                    Samuel Bap 17/2/1758
                                    Elizabeth bap 2/12/1759
                                    Jonathan bap 16/5/1762
                                    William bap 22/4/1764
                                    Thomas bap 14/9/1766
                                    Rose bap 20/4/1778

Many of the same family names but years apart.......
                                    All under Batch no. CO62922 Dates 1539-1812 F 6900891

Don't know if you can see why I'm confused Glen although I know this info is not always correct.

Unless these are Jonathan born 1762's parents and siblings?
                                    Those you have listed are the children of plain John & Elizabeth, not Jonathan & yes they are the siblings of Jonathan (1762). This is the same info. as in the PR.

Except I think Rose was bapt. 1776 & buried the next year.
                                    Last edited by Oakum Picker; 12-08-09, 20:03. Reason: Additional info.
                                    Glen

Comment

Wow....thanks for confirming this Glen, thats another generation then. Thought they may have been possibles somewhere as they are direct from source too and not submitted.
                                      Thanks again for all your help Glen, sorry to have been a pain.
                                      Jen

Comment

Christine,

I'm not convinced that isn't COOK. I've looked at the SBI & the only burials in Barningham are pre-1800. But I'll certainly have a look for you: a COCK/HARRISON marriage would be helpful wouldn't it? LOL
                                        Glen

Comment

Working...
                                        X