Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sherbertrose View Post
    Hi Glen,

Next time you go to the records office would you check a marriage for me. A number of people on ancestry have a marriage between William Brinkley and Harriet Waller. The marriage took place 1 Dec 1843, Norton Suffolk. My William was born 1823 and christened 1 Jun 1823. What concerns me is whether this is my William Brinkley as there are other William Brinkleys born around the same time in Norton. The fathers name may help accept or reject whether this is the correct marriage and the witnesses may further help.

Many thanks, Sandra

Many thanks
    The William BRINKLEY who married Harriet WALLER appears to be the one baptised 1/6/1823.

William BRINKLEY s. William/Elizabeth 1/6/1823

1/12/1843
    William BRINKLEY 20 B Lab Norton William Lab
    Harriot WALLER 18 S Norton Thomas Farmer
    Wit: William WALLER Mary BRINKLEY Only Harriot signed & that's how she spelled her name.

I see on the gedcom that you have the BRINKLEYs going way back but having nothing better to do I went through a lot of the Norton register noting events so if you have any missing marriages, births/baptisms or deaths/burials give me the names & I'll see if I recorded them.
    Glen

Comment

• Thanks for the info Glen. I sent my email to the general contact email address so I'll see if I can find one specific to Bury RO.

Thanks again.
      Jenny

Comment

• Hi Glen,

You are a star.

And as it seems such a shame to waste all your hard work do you have the marriage date of William's sister who married William Barrell Stow 1844?

Other missing pieces include further information on James Brinkley born 1830(Norton) - did he die?, Laura Brinkleys marriage to William Cornish in Norton 1852, and Thomas Brinkley born 1807, shows on the 1841 census did he die?

Best wishes,
        Sandra

Comment

Hi Glen,

You are a star.

And as it seems such a shame to waste all your hard work do you have the marriage date of William's sister who married William Barrell Stow 1844?

Other missing pieces include further information on James Brinkley born 1830(Norton) - did he die?, Laura Brinkleys marriage to William Cornish in Norton 1852, and Thomas Brinkley born 1807, shows on the 1841 census did he die?

Best wishes,
          Sandra
          25/12/1844
          William BARRELL 21 B Lab Norton James (Deceased) Shoemaker
          Mary Ann BRINKLEY 20 Servant Norton William Lab
          Wit: George BRINKLEY Elizabeth SATTLER(that's what it looked like but can't find anything remotely similar) All made their marks.

James BRINKLEY son of William & Elizabeth married Mary BUCKLE in 1848 & then disappears. They appear to register a son James George in 1847 & baptise him George James in 1848 before they marry. He may be the 7 year old who dies in May 1854.

William's (1802) brother Thomas (1807) & his wife Mary SMITH have 2 James.
          14/10/1828 - 10/12/1829 14 mths
          1/8/1830 & I believe it is he who dies 26/11/1864 aged 34.

1/6/1852
          William CORNISH 21 B Lab Norton Robert Brickmaker
          Laura BRINKLEY 17 S Norton William Lab
          Wit: Elizabeth RAWLINSON George PLEASANT Only Elizabeth signed.

Thomas (1807) marries at least twice & wife Elizabeth states her condition as Married in 1851 & Widow in 1861. However there was no burial for Thomas in Norton.
          Glen

Comment

• Hi Glen,

Thank you for the information it really is appreciated. Do you have any information on Thomas's (born 1807)second marriage to Elizabeth. I have managed to find his first marriage to Mary Smith but not the second marriage - I am wondering if they married?

As and when I get my head around all you have sent me I may ask if you have other information on my Brinkley's if this is not taking too much of a liberty. I haven't looked at my Brinkley line for quite a while so I need to get my head round them again!!

Many thanks,

Sandra

Comment

Hi Glen,

Thank you for the information it really is appreciated. Do you have any information on Thomas's (born 1807)second marriage to Elizabeth. I have managed to find his first marriage to Mary Smith but not the second marriage - I am wondering if they married?

As and when I get my head around all you have sent me I may ask if you have other information on my Brinkley's if this is not taking too much of a liberty. I haven't looked at my Brinkley line for quite a while so I need to get my head round them again!!

Many thanks,

Sandra
              22/5/1839
              Thomas BRINKLEY FA W Lab Norton William Lab
              Elizabeth BATEMAN FA S Norton James Lab
              Wit: John RUDDOCK Catherine CREAM? I wasn't too sure of her name but I also came across an Amos CRAME as a witness at the William BRINKLEY/Elizabeth RICE marriage so probably correct. They all made their marks.

I also have a birth for Elizabeth RICE which I think is correct as an Isaac is born to the same parents & in 1841 William & Elizabeth (RICE) BRINKLEY & Isaac are in the same building. Plus the other witness to the marriage is Martha RICE who also has the same parents.

Elizabeth RICE d. Robert/Mary (late MULLEY) b. 20/7/1801 bapt. 24/7/1801. All these appear to be on the IGI.

You probably already have those as I now remember you asking about Robert & Mary - found the latter's baptism again in 1767.

I'll wait now until you ask for something unless you have a tree on Ancestry & I can check if I have anything you don't.
              Glen

Comment

• Sandra, I'm putting them here so others can 'google'.

Some of these you have but at least a couple you have the death date as a burial. I was intending to sort them into family groups but I think I'll leave that to you. I'll make the odd comment as to who I think they are.

6/1/1844
                Thomas BRINKLEY 19 B Lab Norton John Lab
                Matilda CROSS 24 S Servant Norton William Bricklayer
                Wit: William & Sophia CROSS All made their marks.

18/11/1848
                John BRINKLEY 23 B Lab Norton John Lab
                Emily MOYES 23 S Norton James Lab - both made their marks.
                Wit: Sorry, for some reason omitted them.

Burials All BRINKLEY
                Elizabeth (RICE) d.7/7/1876 bur. 12/7/1876
                Susan (ELSDEN?) 58 d.13/4/1888 bur. 17/4/1888 - age out widow of John, son of Samuel/Eliza.John s. Sam/Eliza 59 d.16/3/1887 bur. 20/3/1887
                Mary Jane 4 bur. 8/12.1883 d. Samuel James/Mary Ann (CLAXTON). Sam s. Sam/Eliza on all census but Eliza would have been 50 when giving birth.
                Edith 16 d. 31/7/1889 bur. 3/8/1889 d. John/Susan (ELSDEN)
                Samuel James 38 d.18/1/1893 bur. 22/1/1893 s. Sam/Eliza?

I'll post more later.
                Glen

Comment

• Hi Glen,

It is really kind of you to go to so much trouble.

Many thanks,

Sandra

Comment

• BRINKLEY - Suffolk

Burials
                    George 69 d.1/10/1895 bur. 5/10/1895
                    Arthur Ernest 3 d.29/7/1896 bur. 2/8/1896 No idea
                    Susan 9mths 22/4/1834 d. Tom/Mary (SMITH)
                    Mary 27 bur. 15/4/1834 wife of Tom.
                    Mary Ann 2½ d. 4/11/1849 bur. 8/11/1849 d. Will/Harriet
                    Maria 19 d. 9/1/1850 bur. 13/1/1850
                    Sarah Elizabeth 5 mths d.27/8/1865 bur. 31/8/1865 No idea
                    Benjamin 25 d. 3/1/1867 bur. 10/1/1867 s. Tom/Elizabeth (BATEMAN)
                    Elizabeth (BATEMAN) 60 widow of Tom d.12/3/1868 bur. 15/3/1868

Children of William (s. John/Martha) & Caroline (ROSE)
                    Charles b. 4/6/1840, Martha b. 5/12/1844, Ellen b. 16/3/1848 Elizabeth b.21/3/1849.All bap. 26/5/1850
                    Elizabeth 1½ d.22/9/1850 bur. 27/9/1850
                    Elizabeth b.16/6/1851 bap. 19/6/1851 bur. 11/1/1852 7 mths.

Baptisms All living Norton - All fathers labourers.
                    William s. Will/Harriet b. 20/3/1844 bap. 14/9 ? I have 1844, IGI has 1845 so may be my error.
                    Benjamin s. Tom/Elizabeth (BATEMAN) b.5/5/1840 bap 14/6/1840
                    Sarah Anne d. Tom/Margaret (STRINGER) b. 20/9/1837 bap.22/10/1837 No idea where these fit in.
                    Laura d. Will/Elizabeth (RICE) bap. 6/3/1836
                    Susan d. Tom/Mary (SMITH) " 15/9/1833
                    James William s. Sam/Eliza (OTLEY) bap. 1/3/1833
                    Sarah Sophia d. Sam/Eliza " " 5/9/1830
                    James s. Tom/Mary (SMITH) bap. 1.8.1830
                    John s. Sam/Eliza (OTLEY) bap. 16/3/1828

Ann d. Will/Elizabeth (RUDDOCK) had illeg. d. Ann b.30/9/1810 bap. 12/10/1810 bur.7/9/1811

No idea where these fit:
                    Martha & Ann d. Will/Elizabeth (THOROUGHGOOD) b. 23/2/1799 bap. 24/2/1799

If you have any queries just ask as there may be transcription errors &/or typos in the above.
                    Glen

Comment

• Hi Glen,

Once again many thanks. I am just processing all the information. I have just realised I do not have George Brinkley's second marriage to Elizabeth Bloomfield 1Q of 1871. The marriage, I am guessing, took place in Norton. Do you have this marriage?

Sandra

Comment

Hi Glen,

Once again many thanks. I am just processing all the information. I have just realised I do not have George Brinkley's second marriage to Elizabeth Bloomfield 1Q of 1871. The marriage, I am guessing, took place in Norton. Do you have this marriage?

Sandra
                        No, sorry I don't. The later marriages were on fiche & I didn't really go through those, only looking for burials. Remind me next time.
                        Glen

Comment

• Morning Glen,
                          My Ipswich look up :
                          John Lee b c 1810-1814 Ipswich. Probably St Clements;
                          All censuses '41 to '71 give living Fore Hamlet b 1811-1812
                          Marriage Cert in 1854 (2nd marriage) age 41 (1813) gives father as Richard Lee deceased - brewer.
                          Death Cert in 1881 gives age of 70 (1811)
                          Thanks
                          Last edited by Katarzyna; 01-06-11, 08:23.
                          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                            Morning Glen,
                            My Ipswich look up :
                            Marriage Cert in 1854 (2nd marriage) age 41 (1813) gives father as Richard Lee deceased - brewer.
                            Thanks
                            I'll see what I can find Kat.
                            You're trying to confuse me (not difficult), aren't you, appearing on here?
                            Glen

Comment

• Hi Glen,

If you have time please would you look for a marriage of Salome Codd. This lady is a bit of a puzzle. She was born 1828 Onehouse, parents James Codd and Sophia Blundell. There is a marriage on ancestry for Salome Codd to Charles Parker 1850, 1st Q stow. The problem I have is it is very difficult to verify this marriage as I can not find Salome after 1850 (assuming this is the correct marriage). May be she died?

I wonder if you could throw some light on this one.

Sandra

Comment

Hi Glen,

If you have time please would you look for a marriage of Salome Codd. This lady is a bit of a puzzle. She was born 1828 Onehouse, parents James Codd and Sophia Blundell. There is a marriage on ancestry for Salome Codd to Charles Parker 1850, 1st Q stow. The problem I have is it is very difficult to verify this marriage as I can not find Salome after 1850 (assuming this is the correct marriage). May be she died?

Sandra
                                I'll have a go Sandra.
                                Glen

Comment

Hi Glen,

Sandra
                                  Doing a little background research on this one & I found Salome (as Saloma) in 1851 with Charles PARKER in Needham. Her age is way out but her birthplace is Onehouse. I'll look there for the marriage as that's in Stow & try & confirm this is her.

I think Charles dies in 1860. I 1861 Salona (sic) a widow, 30 is still in Needham with 4 children.
                                  Glen

Comment

• Hi Glen,

Thank you. I never spotted this one. It is definitely a possibility. I wonder if she lied about her age because of the age difference between her and Charles.

Sandra

Comment

Hi Glen,

Sandra
                                      Norton 4/2/1871
                                      George BRINKLEY FA W Lab Norton William Lab
                                      Elizabeth BLOOMFIELD FA W Norton William WARREN Lab
                                      Wit: William & Mary Ann BARRELL All made their marks.
                                      Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                                        Morning Glen,
                                        My Ipswich look up :
                                        Thanks
                                        Unfortunately I came across a Richard LEE before I did your lookup so didn't record all details. He appears in the 1811 Census for St Clements living in Fore St, working in trade with 6 males & 1 female in the family. Not sure if this is yours although the extra bodies could be his first family. Richard LEE was also in 1801 & 1821 & I think in one there was a snr & jnr.

In the ledger for relief of the poor 1819-1823 he appears many times. I'm pretty sure it's him as he only has a wife & one child & in 1821 he mentions the latter is a boy of 9.

Ipswich St Clement
                                        John LEE s. Richard/Charlotte (MICKELFIELD) 15/9/1811 Couldn't find any other children.

Richard LEE W otp Charlotte MICKELFIELD W otp Banns 11/8/1811
                                        Wit: Sarah ROGERS P F PARKER Only the latter signed.

I did have a look back to 1798 for an earlier marriage but nothing.

I keep losing my connection so this will have to be my last post tonight.
                                        Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by zchick View Post
                                          Hi Glen

Ive been passed your details from someone on genes reunited and was wondering if you could possibly help me with a look up please. the details are below

Wilby Parish Records
                                          Reference FC 88
                                          Covering dates 1378 - 1967
                                          Held by Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich Branch
                                          Extent 35 series
                                          for the below please

John Gibbs and Henry Gibbs, both of Wilby, tailors, bound in £50 each FC 88/G3/14 20 December 1766

These documents are held at Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich Branch

Contents:
                                          Re male child of Elizabeth Lenny.

I look forward to your response.
                                          Regards
                                          Zoe
                                          PM me your email address & I'll send you a copy of the bond. It will have to be in 2 parts as the bond was too big to copy on to A4.
                                          Glen

Comment

Working...
                                          X