No announcement yet.

Suffolk RO Lookups - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you so much for your time, once again Glen. If you are able to give me the details of the baptisms and burials of the children of John and Sarah, please. I think that I will sit down and sort them all out, and put it all in perspective.
    It must be great to be able to help so many people with their enqueries and, and maybe break down some of their brick walls for them, I am sure that you have certainly done that, in the past, and will still.

Thank you , Glen.

Comment

• I'm off to the RO in a little while so I'll post them this evening.
      Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Breckland Jane View Post
        Hi Glen,

On Familysearch I've found a burial of Dinah Harden, aged 0, at Lackford on 24/2/1797. Could you please take a look to see if her parents are named.

Also, if you have enough time available, I would be grateful for any mention of Harden/Harding in Lackford prior to 1772 as this is the earliest record I've come across so far.

Thank you.

Jane
        Lackford
        Dinah base born daughter of Mary HARDEN 24/2/1797

The only other HARDEN entry before 1772 back to 1714 was this:

Samuel HARDEN so Fornham St Martin Licence 24/9/1767
        Alice FORDHAM sotp Wit: Edward GOODCHILD John HARRALD All signed

As Samuel was from Fornham, I had a look there but no HARDENs.
        Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by karane View Post
          Thank you so much for your time, once again Glen. If you are able to give me the details of the baptisms and burials of the children of John and Sarah, please. I think that I will sit down and sort them all out, and put it all in perspective.
          It must be great to be able to help so many people with their enqueries and, and maybe break down some of their brick walls for them, I am sure that you have certainly done that, in the past, and will still.

Thank you , Glen.
          Dennington
          Children of John COOKE & Sarah LOW
          Henry 20/7/1775
          William 26/1/1777 - 22/6/1799 aged 22 single man
          Robert 19/10/1778
          Mary 6/8/1780
          Daniel 20/2/1782 - 31/5/1783 inf.
          Susan 25/4/1783
          Ann 24/10/1784 b. 2/10/1784 - 11/11/1784 d. John (Widower) aged 2mths?
          Glen

Comment

• Many thanks Glen, I'm sure there must be a connection with my family but not quite worked it out yet.

Jane

Comment

• Once again thank you Glen, it is very much appreciated.

Comment

• Hi Glen, next time you are at the record office, could you see if you can find the following deaths for me please?

John Chandler Born 1735........probably died about 1795-1800 ish.

Samuel White Born 1745......probably died about 1790 ish

Mary White born 1748.......probably similar.

Sorry I can't be more precise Glen and I don't expect you to trawl through tons of records, just making an educated guess at years.

Thankyou.
                Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen~Ealogy View Post
                  Hi Glen, next time you are at the record office, could you see if you can find the following deaths for me please?

John Chandler Born 1735........probably died about 1795-1800 ish.

Samuel White Born 1745......probably died about 1790 ish

Mary White born 1748.......probably similar.

Sorry I can't be more precise Glen and I don't expect you to trawl through tons of records, just making an educated guess at years.

Thankyou.
                  Are we talking about the John CHANDLER who married Elizabeth MOUTTS? & lived in Cratfield?
                  There are 2 burials for Johns:
                  12/11/11782 Senior so I would guess this is your John but as no age is given it is only a guess.
                  9/4/1791 Pauper This would appear to be his son John who married Rose DANIELS & whose last child is recorded in 1789.
                  When Elizabeth is buried in 1801 she is the widow of John. That's the only available info. from which to make deductions.

Which parish/es are we talking about for the WHITEs? I'm home again now but shall be in Lowestoft again during Easter week so I'll have a look then.
                  Glen

Comment

• Thank you for those Glen, obviously overlooked them when I was recording the details.

As for the Whites, my best guess would be Leiston Glen. Their daughter was baptised at the Independant Wattisfield Suffolk, but I'm not sure if that was another parish? If it is, they could have lived and died there. That's all the info I have for them so far. Sorry I can't be more help Glen.
                    Jen

Comment

Thank you for those Glen, obviously overlooked them when I was recording the details.

As for the Whites, my best guess would be Leiston Glen. Their daughter was baptised at the Independant Wattisfield Suffolk, but I'm not sure if that was another parish? If it is, they could have lived and died there. That's all the info I have for them so far. Sorry I can't be more help Glen.
                      How sure are you that that is the correct Elizabeth? The reason I ask is that Leiston & Wattisfield are about 25-30 miles apart as the crow flies so a much longer journey by road.

Jonathan CHANDLER married at 35 which is supported by his age at death being 51 in 1814. The only Elizabeth burial that is possible is: 31/10/1845 aged 71 which makes a birth c. 1774. She is in Leiston in the 1841 Census.

An Elizabeth WHITE marries in 1790 at Stuston which is less than 10 miles along the A413 from Wattisfield which seems a more manageable journey. Also she would have been about 25 rather than 32.

Just some food for thought. I'm quite happy to look in Leiston for them though.
                      Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                        How sure are you that that is the correct Elizabeth? The reason I ask is that Leiston & Wattisfield are about 25-30 miles apart as the crow flies so a much longer journey by road.

Jonathan CHANDLER married at 35 which is supported by his age at death being 51 in 1814. The only Elizabeth burial that is possible is: 31/10/1845 aged 71 which makes a birth c. 1774. She is in Leiston in the 1841 Census.

An Elizabeth WHITE marries in 1790 at Stuston which is less than 10 miles along the A413 from Wattisfield which seems a more manageable journey. Also she would have been about 25 rather than 32.

Just some food for thought. I'm quite happy to look in Leiston for them though.
                        Please Glen when you can, don't mind waiting. It will give me a chance to see who may want eliminating, if I have the wrong parents here. Not knowing Suffolk myself, I wouldn't have a clue about the distances and it could well be another Chandler family, there are so many of them. It's hard to know who attaches to who.
                        I've just added the ones I missed from last time and got their bapts of LDS....so a little further along now.

Thanks Glen.
                        Jen

Comment

• Hi Glen

Ive been passed your details from someone on genes reunited and was wondering if you could possibly help me with a look up please. the details are below

Wilby Parish Records
                          Reference FC 88
                          Covering dates 1378 - 1967
                          Held by Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich Branch
                          Extent 35 series
                          for the below please

John Gibbs and Henry Gibbs, both of Wilby, tailors, bound in £50 each FC 88/G3/14 20 December 1766

These documents are held at Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich Branch

Contents:
                          Re male child of Elizabeth Lenny.

I look forward to your response.
                          Regards
                          Zoe

Comment

• Hi Zoe,

I don't know yet when I shall next be in Ipswich. At Easter I am in Lowestoft but if you are in no hurry, I'll put your request on my 'Ipswich to do' list.
                            Glen

Comment

• Thats fine Glen whenever you get a chance thank you very much!

Zoe

Comment

• Hi Glen,

I'm still trying to sort out my Harden family. On familysearch.org I've found a marriage of a William Harden to Dinby Jarmin on 9/2/1767 at Chedburgh. Would it be possible for you to look at the actual parish record to see if any other details are given please? Also, I wonder if there are any baptisms for children of this marriage.

Thank you.

Jane

Comment

• Hi Jane,

I'll check out Chedburgh for you - it's in the right area.
                                  Glen

Comment

Thank you for those Glen, obviously overlooked them when I was recording the details.

The only time WHITE is mentioned in Leiston is Elizabeth's marriage to Jonathan CHANDLER & where she is recorded as the mother of the CHANDLER children apart from one baptism of a Charles to Samuel & Elizabeth in 1812.

As Samuel & Mary appear to be non-con, I can't access those records in Lowestoft - it will have to wait until I visit Ipswich. I will have a look in the Wattisfield PRs.
                                    Glen

Comment

Hi Glen,

I'm still trying to sort out my Harden family. On familysearch.org I've found a marriage of a William Harden to Dinby Jarmin on 9/2/1767 at Chedburgh. Would it be possible for you to look at the actual parish record to see if any other details are given please? Also, I wonder if there are any baptisms for children of this marriage.

Thank you.

Jane
                                      I would say the record definitely says Diney which looks promising but there were no baptisms there over the next 30 years.

Chedburgh
                                      William HARDEN Diney JARMIN both sotp Banns 7/2/1767
                                      Wit: Wm CRICK Richard JARMAN Both wits signed, Richard's being a bit shaky.
                                      Glen

Comment

• Thank you so much for looking this up. I'm still wondering in Dinby/Diney could later become Dinah though!

Jane

Comment

Thank you so much for looking this up. I'm still wondering in Dinby/Diney could later become Dinah though!

Jane
                                          Yes, that's what I was thinking - It was definitely Diney which isn't a long stretch to Dinah. Are you looking for a baptism of a Dinah HARDEN in the 1760/70s?
                                          Glen

Comment

Working...
                                          X